Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 cbr900rr and im having problems with my charging system. when the motor is below 120 degrees the voltage out of the stater is normal 16 to 17 volts at each phase. around 125 degrees the stater starts pushing more volts out, at operating temp each phase is around 21 to 22 volts. with that the rectifier starts to get hot to the touch. i think the stater is over charging and causing the rectifier to get hot and fail.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i have a 98 cbr900rr and im having problems with my charging system. when the motor is below 120 degrees the voltage out of the stater is normal 16 to 17 volts at each phase. around 125 degrees the stater starts pushing more volts out, at operating temp each phase is around 21 to 22 volts. with that the rectifier starts to get hot to the touch. i think the stater is over charging and causing the rectifier to get hot and fail.

Are you measuring at the stator or the regulator or across the battery?
Assuming you are measuring at the stator in AC and not DC those volts are too low.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Need help cbr900rrv will not charge right put new rac on it showed 14.2 at battry now showing 12.4 after 200 miles plz help

Have you done any tests of the charging system to determine which component might have failed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts