Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my clutch it doesnt go into gear instead that thing in the back pops up out of place does anyone know why its doing that... i just put in a new clutch cable and made it worst

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that thing pops up and i can get into gear, if i try to go into first i stall the bike even if im holding the clutch lever in

·
Registered
554 Posts
did you try going to ronayers.com and looking at microfiche to see what holds it in place? there has to be a circlip or something in there. I'm covered up at work or i would go look for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think theirs a bad bearing but then again it was fine till i replaced the clutch cable. i put a new one in and that was that

·
Registered
467 Posts
If it was fine until you replaced the clutch cable then that is the only reasonable possibility. When replacing the cable something was not done correctly or possibly you were given the wrong cable. A clutch failure after replacing a cable makes no sense mechanically speaking. Possibly, the bracket on the end of the arm that holds the cable is backward?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i never took that bracket off i just undid the two nuts holding it, but it doesnt clutch at all so i have no idea what i did wrong

·
Registered
51 Posts
inside the clutch cover that lever has 2 fingers that go in a groove cut in the throwout bearing, you need to pull your clutch cover off and to get the fingers back in the groove you have to rotate the lever as you put the cover back on. when you put the cable on you let the lever go to far back and it came out of that groove.

·
Registered
478 Posts
open up your clutch cover, that lever just catches a pin to pull it out. If everything looks ok inside there, isnt chewed up etc put it back together(see the next post up) youll be good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If all else fails you can always sell it to me for 1K so I can use it as a toy bike...Then go get yourself that 08 CBR600RR you qualified for!!...:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts