Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well I spent pretty much all day learning how to braze and grinding and sanding and overall I would say I’m 85% happy with how it turned out. There are a couple pin holes and places I couldn’t really get to but I’m going with a matte black powder so I think it will look nice when all is said and done. This isn’t a show bike so I think it will be okay anyway. I guess I will learn a lesson on how well powder covers minor imperfections at least.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice work.
I am next inline to try this brazing.
I assume the aluminum rod began to melt the minute the swingarm reached about 700 degrees?
I wish you would have taken some video bro

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yea the chain wear is pretty extreme, I will definitely be using the chain guard which whoever owned the bike definitely didnt, that wear goes all the way around.

I meant to take some video of the brazing but it would have been boring. And I’m not that good at it
so there was plenty of grinding and sanding.

Just dropped my parts off for powdercoat a couple hours ago so should be getting those back in a couple weeks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Stripping front wheel and gas tank for paint. And the parts just keep rolling in. Racetech springs, new headlight, left hand controls. Just ordered a big batch of stuff that should be here Wednesday and Thursday.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
More parts today and tomorrow, can’t wait to get my frame and swingarm back from powder this weekend (hopefully.)

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well guys it has been a journey let me tell you. I’m almost at the end now but I’m pretty sure the issue that took her out 5 years ago was in fact the ecu. I’ve got her all back together now but the forks gave me a hell of a time(as mentioned in my “front fork damper bolt” post) but I got that sorted out. I spent all day today trying to get the fuel pump to prime with various resistors on the pink wire and I bounced all around 9v and still nothing. Just looking for some advice on anything else I should try before I plop down the money for a new (used) ecu. I have read and reread all the no fuel pump prime posts over the last few months while I have been doing this re(build) but I just want to make certain there isn’t anything besides the pink wire and ecu that will cause the fuel pump to not prime. I am going to wake up in the morning and go buy some starter fluid to see if I can get her to fire. If she does I am going to jump the fuel pump (I already did and I know it works) to see if I can get her to run. If you have any suggestions I’m not covering I greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Someone asked about the 954 swingarm swap. I learned a lesson.... you have to get the triangle from the 954 and the rear brake mount. There are a couple bearings that are different as well and I ordered them but I think you could use the 929 bearings if you want. Someone might be able to chime in on this but I didn’t see any reason why. If you look at the 929 vs 954 part diagrams you will see what I mean. I ended up spending a lot of money on new bearings and dust seals because the swingarm I got didnt have them installed. Plus it was a huge pain in the ass pressing them in and out (and I have a 20 ton press at my disposal.) I would have spent a little more for a complete swingarm in retrospect. The chain slider is different as well.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts