Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Great progress msf.

Always good to see a relic coming together. Especially like the gold wheels.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Another update, it’s all together but I had the no fuel pump prime issues, it was the ecu. Still wasn’t firing up except a tiny bit on starter fluid. Fuel pressure regulator was bad, one coil was bad and the respective spark plug was toast. Everything should be here by Tuesday. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The fairings are Chinese but leave a lot to be desired mostly on the paint quality. The fitment was actually pretty damn good. I will post a picture of what they are. I got them because they were cheap and in the USA because I didn’t want to wait months for them to be shipped from China. Got them in about a week. The rims are gold peel coat from rustoleum(purchased at autozone) it was my first experiment with plastidip like product and overall I didn’t do a great job but I was ready to get it back on the road so I will be redoing them in the off season or maybe powdercoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
If I could do it all over again I would have taped my tires before spraying the peel coat, I’ve got about 97% of it peeled of the tires now but it is a pain in the ass! I thought it was supposed to be easy to peel off tires but I was wrong!

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I could do it all over again I would have taped my tires before spraying the peel coat, I’ve got about 97% of it peeled of the tires now but it is a pain in the ass! I thought it was supposed to be easy to peel off tires but I was wrong!
Theses a special release agent you're supposed to spray on the tires to make it peel off easily. It works on cars but I wouldn't use it on bike tires because you're spraying it on the tread. I'm not a fan of anything that can impact traction.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I painted my front wheel black and did half black and polished aluminum on the outer part. black and gold is my color scheme.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts