Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pair of these at my local shop because they gave me a discount and these looked sweet on my friend's 06 blade.

On the package it said that they were for 929,954 and rc-51 but I can't get them to fit.

on thier website it looks like they have different part #'s for all 3 bikes, however chaparral-racing.com shows the same part #.

High Tech Speed - Technology for your Motorcycle and Car

I'm confused, anyone have any luck installing these on a 954?

Luke

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to hispeedtech and they told me that I got an older signal that they originally thought to fit the 954. actually they said it fit the euro 954 fine but a couple of people complained and they ended up making a 954 specific model. I sent them back to highspeedtech and they're swapping them out for the 954 specific model. I'll post pics when I get them on. They look to be of very high quality.

Luke

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, sorry it took so long. I finally got them installed and took some pictures.

One of the signals had a slight problem. The mounting stud that comes out of the back of the signal started turning in the signal. I had to tighten it with an open end wrench while holding the tip of the stud with needle nose pliers. They give you the kind of locknut with the nylon insert in the end which makes it kind of tight all the way up the stud. No biggie though, it's on there and I think they look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I saw them installed on a 600rr at the dealer. They look great, nice and clean. But yeah, really pricey! The ones I have look pretty good and were less. The ones I didn't like on my bike were the LPs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my dealer sold them to me at cost so I only ended up dropping about $65 on them. still pricey, but they are about the most visible flushmount I've seen yet. very bright.

·
Registered
175 Posts
These were the brand i was looking at, cause they seem to be the only direct fit aftermarket blinkers out there? They look sweet on there and do seem more visable than most flushmounts, i also liked that they can be wired as running lights like oem

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got a set for my 954 and was wondering if the bolt on yours was long enuff to go trough the fairing and out the back hole. mine seem to be to short to mount it like the stock ones and I had to kinda wedge the large washer between the outter fairing to hold it on. Any help on the install would be great im going to try and call the makers in the morning and see what they say, but I think my dealer gave me the wrong ones. it just dosent seem to fit like they look in the pics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just put the Protons on my 929 about a month ago. No problems installing or issues with the length of the bolt. So, you may have the wrong ones, unless something is different installing on a 954. These took about 5 mins a side to install and they look awesome.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts