Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...winter is here, current classload almost done (12/9) and have been messing with SOCOM2 online and GTA:SA, however my PS2 is suffering major suckage. In about 2 weeks I'm going to requiring its functionality so I need to ensure it's readiness.

It typically doesen't boot up, 'disc read error'. If I juggle it around and turn it every which way just after startup - it's cool, I just hate doing this. I've taken it apart and cleaned every oz. of dust out of it, and any lens I could find. However this problem still exists. I'm leaning towards it being a laser/drive assembly and have seen em on ebay for ~25$ for a 'used/tested/working' assembly and ~45$ for a new laser only (seller: 'tunaboy' I think? fwiw).

I was just wondering if any of y'all have had them repaired anywhere or if there is a place that will sell you known good or oem repair parts for cheap? I'd like to repair it if at all possible, with as little downtime and cash layout as possible. Any advice/input appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
when I bought my first one the thing shat the bed within 3 weeks. Sent is back to sony and they sent me everything new...joystick, coards and all (so that gave me 2 joysticks).

5 weeks later the new one shat the bed, and ruined 2 games...there was a scratch in all the discs that was round, and on the inside, like something was dragging. Sony bought new games for me, and got me another PS2. (it did take some phone work on my part)

Since then the Ps2 has been trouble free...that was like 3 or 4 years ago....whenever it just came out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Call Sony and throw a light bitch. They fixed mine for free. with the same disc read problem. No guarantee but start off nice but stern.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn - I thought calling them on a product a few years old was just asking for $$, but hey wtf...it was 400$ when I got it. I should be entitled to something seeing as I did wear out their product. I'll give it a shot :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts