Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my friend pick up a laid down bike for me that was listed as a 929. I owned a gixxer before untill i sold it, so I am still new to the fireblade. I took the guys word for it that it was a 929. After I finally repaired the couple things that were wrong with it, I noticed that on the vin# (on the frame) it is listed as a 900rr and also on my insurance card. It was manufactured in 2001, so I was under the impression that only the 929 existed(replacing the 900rr edition).

Is there a 929rr and a 900rr manufactured in 2001? I was hoping that maybe we could all start a nice FAQ for fireblades and get it stickied for future users.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Same thing here in OZ. I have a 954, 2003 model and they call them 900's on most insurance and rego papers. Yours should be a 929 unless it has been re complianced for some reason like imported from somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
My brand new off the showroom floor 954 had paperwork that called it a CBR900RR. That's just Honda's designation for this model line so don't worry. You got a great bike!

Oh BTW, I am going to be in your neck of the woods the second week of October and I am more than happy to inspect your new bike, and I'll happily volunteer to test ride your bike to verify it is indeed a Fireblade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, my 954RR says "900RR" on the reg papers and vin plate too. Like was said above, just seems to be Honda's designation for the whole pre 1000RR line. Had me a bit confused too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, i figured that was the case but am glad that it could be verified

what about a good faq for mods and installs? anyone else into that?

I got a lot of great tips for my maxima in their forum, i just thought it would be good for fireblades too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts