Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 CBR 954. To my understanding they use an H7 headlight bulb. Well I ordered a couple boxes of Piaa Spark Blue H7's for it and the connectors on the bulbs are much smaller and closer together than the ones that came on my bike. Does anyone know what isn't adding up here? Are motorcycle bulbs differents from Automotive? Are the bulbs for my bike not H7's? Anybody with any advise let me know what i did. I really wanted to get some hid simulated bulbs and they great on my truck so I wanted to add them to my bike as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My 929 has a black adapter between the bulb and the factory harness. It came that way from the factory. check yours for one

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, my bike does not have an adaptor. However if there is an adaptor out there that will accomodate me i would love to get one. If anyone knows of something like this let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The H7 Piaa Bulbs that i bought have to prongs just like the H7's that are on the bike now. However, The prongs that are on the new Piaa bulbs are smaller and closer together than those on the bulbs that came on the bike. I know that they are a bulb from Japan, but i didn't figure an H7 bulb from Japan would be different than an H7 bulb in the USA. And honestly there is no adaptor. All i have a is a plug with wires on the back with no adaptor in the middle. The plug would fit the Piaa bulbs if it were miniature, so an adaptor of some sort would be great but 'my' bike does not have anything but the single plug that plugs into the bulb. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ill have to try and get my friends digital camera. But lets say i do have a 'euro spec' headlight bulb. They must make some sort of adaptor or a correct size headlight bulb. I mean why do the H7 bulbs that piaa makes have connectors that are smaller and closer together than the stock H7 bulbs. Or are the bulbs that the bike comes with not H7 bulbs at all. Thanks for the help guys. Ill try to get those pics asap so you all can see. thanks again.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
HyrePower : ok ill have to try and get my friends digital camera.  But lets say i do have a 'euro spec' headlight bulb.  They must make some sort of adaptor or a correct size headlight bulb.  I mean why do the H7 bulbs that piaa makes have connectors that are smaller and closer together than the stock H7 bulbs.  Or are the bulbs that the bike comes with not H7 bulbs at all.  Thanks for the help guys.  Ill try to get those pics asap so you all can see.  thanks again.
Look at the pic Skully posted again......the bulb's connectors are closer together then the plastic adapter. That is right off a 954.....You've gotta have one. Double check it again

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is unreal- I just was getting ready to ask the same question. I bought an H7 based Xenon kit today, 3 bulbs at 100W, and I had the same problem come up. I returned the bulbs, and now that I have read this and seen the picture, and ran out to the garage during a thunderstorm, I looked at mine again, pulled the bulb, and pulled the adapter. Just like the pic.

THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, it would figure that mine doesn't look anything like the picture. I am going to get a some pics tomorrow that i will post. stay tuned.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Okay. Look at your bulb. Where the terminals of your bulb are, that is the adapter. It comes off of the bulb to reveal an H7. It is on there tight, but I went and looked at mine again earlier, and I thought it still looked like one piece, but I looked closer, and THERE REALLY WAS AN ADAPTER ATTACHED,

If you look at the picture that was posted above, it is the bulb taken apart. It really looks like a one piece deal, but it isn't.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright man let me soak up my idiocy and my pride so dish it out while you can, lol. SO I had a night of stupidity, thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts