Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does this really help? i am finishing up my nitrous install and was wondeing if i really need this?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It won't help performance wise.

decrease the amount of backfire if removed.
Cleans up an pretty claught up area.
Weight savings minimal.

I did mine

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
What l'timbre said. And I'd add that if you use a PCIII, you need to block off the PAIR valves when tuning on a dyno...so removing it eliminates that step. I removed mine too, but probably wouldn't make a trip under the tank for just that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
dB said:
What l'timbre said. And I'd add that if you use a PCIII, you need to block off the PAIR valves when tuning on a dyno...so removing it eliminates that step. I removed mine too, but probably wouldn't make a trip under the tank for just that.
amen,

I pulled my off when I put my new tank on , and was planning on ordering a PC3 but I would have never just popped the tank off for that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already have the tank off for the nitrous install that is why i was asking ans what about the flaper thing in teh air box do i need that?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I did mine, actually I had to go back in cause I was so anxiuos to try out the bike after that, flapper & PCIII install I forgot to hook up the IAT plug. :banghead: I take the 4 cross bracket bolts out & hang the tank from garagr door opener. I used the 1 hose to connect the valve covers.But I'm gonna co back in & cap off instead. I think it's easy to take tank off if I need to :idunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts