Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up an 02 954 and according to the service bulletin for the steering bearing replacement, there would be a punch mark by the VIN at the front part of the frame. Should I have this done if I'm not experiencing any problems? According the the SB I have for this, Honda will honor it until June 3, 2004.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It is a personal preference issue IMHO. If you like the 'fast steering' of the needle bearings - leave it alone. If you feel the steering is 'too twitchy' for your taste of riding - have the 929 bearings installed, per the SB. NOTE: If you have the SB performed, ensure the dealership is aware of the possible shimming problem (for the steering lock to function properly). Test the steering lock BEFORE leaving the dealership.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had mine done because my bearings needed to be tightened anyways and I didn't notice any difference after the change. Feels the same.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dookie said:
I just picked up an 02 954 and according to the service bulletin for the steering bearing replacement, there would be a punch mark by the VIN at the front part of the frame. Should I have this done if I'm not experiencing any problems? According the the SB I have for this, Honda will honor it until June 3, 2004.
See this link to previous forum : http://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12998

1 - 4 of 4 Posts