Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 cbr900rr and i'm pretty sure it has a mechanical speedo drive on the front wheel. I was told i need to buy a F3 front wheel if i want to do the conversion to 17inch front wheel. But doesnt the F3 use the transmission to determine its speed and doesnt not have anything on the front wheel to hook up the speedo cable too....am i missing something or wrong about anything?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 94 cbr900rr and i'm pretty sure it has a mechanical speedo drive on the front wheel. I was told i need to buy a F3 front wheel if i want to do the conversion to 17inch front wheel. But doesnt the F3 use the transmission to determine its speed and doesnt not have anything on the front wheel to hook up the speedo cable too....am i missing something or wrong about anything?

That is correct.
I don't know if there's a "standard" fix but you can either modify the wheel hub to accept the speedo gear, or run an electronic speedo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure. Just seems like it would make more sense so u could have a stock speedo setup....i'll see if i can borrow one to see if it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts