Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come that I need to buy more tools so that I can be that friend with everything that people borrow shit from and never return nor never buy themselves...but anyways :D

Gotta tighten up some stem nuts, but really want to be anal retentive about adjustment. Is there some easy way of using a pin spanner wrench with 3/8" socket cutout or am I just better using sockets.

Also in regards to the above, does anyone have a source for obtanium either of the preceding mentioned tools for less scratch then listed? Not that they aren't worth it or anything, just that its the only place I found that has a socket set like that and pin spanner of that style, so I'd like to at least compare but haven't had luck.

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
236 Posts
on sort of the same note do u guys know if the c spanner provided in the toolkit to adjust preload will fit the steering stem adjuster?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
SouLJahz said:
on sort of the same note do u guys know if the c spanner provided in the toolkit to adjust preload will fit the steering stem adjuster?
It will work OK, but eventually strip it out as it's not really big enough.

SSG, I think you already know the answer to this one.

The socket set is better (provided the sizes work for you) but the adjustable is cheaper. I have an adjustable that just works OK.

Think socket or crescent wrench. :smilebig:

That set of sockets is now on my wish list.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Man, that stuff is pricey. Isn't there an alternative?

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so am I blind or are there no sizes listed there?

I have no problem buying it (justification-wise, that is :D) but I need to make sure that it's actually gonna work with what I need it to, not sure how to do that.

Oh and there are some 4wd locknut kits out there that are similar but not qite the same...and not sure I'd want to use them on my steering stem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts