Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 99 cbr 900rr that i absolutely love we were rideing last night and we stopped to rest for a min i got off the bike and it fell over :( when it hit the ground it bent the upper fairing/mirror stay really bad i tried to straighten it out but that didnt work but my question is is it ok to ride it without it till i can get a new one or just leave it off all together any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
hard to say without seeing it..if its only bent, not cracked and feels solid it should be fine...just dont go Rossi on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is bent to the point that it will not mount back on without pulling the plastic out of wack and in the process of straighting it i broke the part that the mirror mounts too so i was trying to find out if i can just leave it off or does it have to be on there cause i dont mirrors anyways thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would think so as long as everything is zip tied away it wont be a problem at all..just a bit windy...don't know if da cops will think that way though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i might have said that wrong all im asking about is the metal brace that runs from the tank to both sides of the fairing where the mirrors mount the plastic fairing is fine just bent that brace or whatever it is i read it is called the mirror stay or something like that

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would think that the upper fairing would be fine..i haven't tried it though but i would do it...take it for a spin and see how much it flexes at different speeds..i would imagine that under 50mph you would be fine and around 60mph it would be most probably ok but a litlte risky... OEM's a quite flexible but if it was aftermarket of dubious quality i would stay below 50. If u left it in place it would give support to at least one side... i assume just one side is kaput.. watch out for dem trucks though..just let go of the handle bars and grab the ears of the upper fairing:rotfl:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You can always give it a bit of heat to help put it back into shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts