Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a 600rr. The more reading I do, the more I realize that there are issues associated with starting with a good frame and salvage or rebuildable title. Does anyone understand how the DMV side of this process works? (I live in PA) Should I try to get a frame with a 'clean' title? Or am I bound to have problems with people trying to rip me off? Any conveyed experience in this field would be greatly apprecaited!

If anyone has cheap parts lying around for an 03-06 600rr send me a pm!

·
Registered
547 Posts
ok so here how it goes. most of the salvage title frames come from insurance auctions, and some states allow a dealer with rebuild licence to buy them and fix them after getting them fixed they have to get them safety inspected alongwith the final state inspection to obtain a rebuild title so it can go back on the road. if you know a dealer and they are willing to help you get it inspected for a small amount of fee it can work out for you. and some states dont even issue salvage title they just issue a certificate of distruction meaning it cannot be retitled at all so you really have to watch out for that,
i have been personally buying bikes from insurance auctions here in chicago, wisconsin, indiana and minnisota area so i have a little idea of these states but the state you are in might have different rules and regulatons.
p.s if you go online to these insurance auction sites they even have list of the dealers who can help independent people for the small amount of money but you really have to do your home work before you purchase anything because you might endup with more damage to repair once you take the bike apart. i hope it helps you to decide what you need to do from here and good luck:patriot:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome response, thanks man!

Another questions, what about the instances where frames are for sale with a 'clean' title? Does that mean that the guy didn't report the accident to the insurance company? Anything to worry about when dealing with this sort of situation?

·
Registered
547 Posts
yes but not always! sometimes people want to sell there bikes and decide to just part them out to get more money. so if you decide to go buy a clean title frame make sure that seller did'nt forget to tell you if there is any damage to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts