Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello new member to forum (well new motorcycle user all together)

i recently purchased a dumped 2001 cbr 929 RR

the crank case was cracked so it needed a new engine which i was able to locate and now have in my possession

my question is simple as i have the old engine out and in pieces and new engine came in pieces i figure i would take the time now to paint the frame/swing arm/rear end

i want to go with a glossy black, and i have access to a compressor so im wondering in Canada (Ontario, london is my location) where would be a good place to check out for paint ?

what kind of paint can i use on the frame ?
does it have to be a high heat paint ?

are there any general steps other then cleaning before paint it ? (like using alcohol to clear debris off or some sort of degreaser)

what are names of good paint that people recommend for such a task ?
and what are names of a clear coat after to put on it ?

and any others that might be recommended... i was thinking about painting the aluminum blocks since they are taken out right now and pieces but iv been told not to do so because of flaking is that true ?

thank you

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would start by sandblasting everything, being sure to mask off all bushings and bearings. then etch the bare aluminum with some phosphoric acid.

ill let someone elst chime in on the paint as i have only used the regular stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.