Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm just curious what is the deal on the factory production Repsol bikes made by Honda. I think there are actually alot of "Repsol" bikes out there, not all of them necessarily factory. So I guess my questions are

1) When were (the factory ones made)? As far as I know it was only in 2005 and 2007 in the USA (to celebrate Honda's championships). Were there other years it was made in other parts of the world? (Like in Europe?)

2) What models were the Repsol bikes? Like only the 1000RR? Once again, as far as I know only the 2005 and 2007 1000RR's had factory made repsol bodies (in the USA). But then again, I have seen 600's, 900's, 929's, and 954's with Repsol bodywork. Was it only the 1000rr's that had them? Or did honda offer them on the other CBR models? And if they did were these offered in the USA or in Europe/Asia?

3) What color are the Repsols? In the USA, I have only seen the ones that are black/orange/white, but have seen others where the black part is blue. Was this the Europe version?

4) Finally, are these bikes actually 'limited editions'? I have heard different things about it. Some people (usually those selling the Repsol bikes) that the Repsol is a rare, collectible limited edition. Other people have said that anyone could have ordered the repsol fairings for an additional $500. When I think about a 'limited edition' bike, my definition is that the 'limited edition' is reflected in the VIN. Like bike #122 out of 500, etc. Is there anything in the VIN that denotes that it is a 'limited edition'? Or can anyone with a 2005 or 2007 bike swap on a repsol body kit and no one can tell the difference.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
467 Posts
1. 2005, 2007 and 2009 coming soon.
2. 1000RR only Repsol replica made by Honda.
3. Blue, orange white.
4. Not sure about the vin#? I would think that if you bought the repsol plastics from Honda it would be hard to tell if the bike was "original". You will not get full factory Honda body kit in Repsol paint for $500. Maybe a few thousand $$$.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
He meant $500 in addition to the purchase price of the bike.
Personally, I think the Repsol colour scheme looks terrible regardless of the bike.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Personally I love the Repsol paint scheme and ever since i saw the 05 1000 thats the bike I've wanted. As far as all the other bikes you see with the same paint scheme this is where they get there plastics from.
repsol bodywork, eBay Motors, CBR600 items on eBay.com

but the only thing about that is that you have to get the tank painted if you have an older model with the metal tank because new models have plastic tanks and it comes with the fairings when you buy them.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
All the 1000's and 600RR's have plastic tank covers.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
All the 1000's and 600RR's have plastic tank covers.
but you can also get those ebay kits for the 929/954 and probably other bikes.

and Sub you didn't see any black Repsols, they're all blue. its a really dark blue and in showrooms or low light conditions it usually just looks black. in the sun light you can see its blue.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
[/ATTACH]
Thats what they look like, blue, orange,red,white.

As someone said you can get the after market for 300 quid on ebay, but they don't always fit and the painted lines are STRAIGHT unlike the above pics. They still look good considering each panel is 200 quid except the rear which is 115£.
AS regards the LE its just the paint as far as I'm aware.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hiya Submaniac,
Repsols replica's were started in the early 2000's on the 125's and as racing sponsorship progressed to the 2004 GP's then you got the first 2005/2006 Blades notably in a black frame with a couple of other changes that most of you wont notice, the 2006/2007 came out with a silver frame and a few other subtle differences to the standard...the vin is also Diff BTW.
Repsol also sponsers other racing ie: offroad Bikes, Trial Bike and Rally cars. to name a few.

The original Repsol colors where white and Blue.
The Blue is Pearl Blue - I understand from the history was developed for Repsol as a request, and its not the frame color. The Orange is also a special and if you need to repray/powdercoat the rims it would be best to get the paint from Honda as the mixes never come out a good match.

The Repsol colors stand out compared to the drab single colors out there at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts