Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just register and wanted to say hello. I have just started looking into getting a new (new to me) bike. The F2 is getting delegated to the g/f to replace her EX500. That is what led me here.

I found a '99 900RR for sale w/30,000 miles on it for 4500. Looks clean from the pics and owner says it runs great. Anything I should look out for?? Is it worth it to even look at with that many miles or should I keep an eye out for maybe a 929 or 954 when the 1000RR hits dealerships??

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Howdy... Welcome to da .org! :cheers:

IMHO that is quite a few miles on that '99. Look around a bit, you may find something even better for that price. You may never have a spec of trouble from it as Hondas are known for being quite bulletproof, but I would look around and see what else may be out there. :)

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
929's for $4500?? :sless: Where...I'll buy another one!

I think the only issues with the 900's is the cam chain tensioner.

:welcome: to .da org

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Welcome! :cheers: Now prepare to access your wallet often and , while you're at it, give tigerblade a dollar :D

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
You might have to pay a little more.... But it has 20,000 less miles.

Ebay

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know a guy in Cleveland that has a 99 CBR900 with about 10k miles. It has a D&D bolt on, K&N filter, and Jet kit.
He was looking for $6000
If he were offered $5500 firm I believe he sell.

Almost forgot
Welcome :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys.

cbr99xx~~ Already watching that one to see where it gets to.

Animal~~ I've only got $5000 to spend. So if you can get him to budge a little I'd definately be interested.

·
Registered
69 Posts
sasakzootoo said:
Thanks for the welcome guys.

cbr99xx~~ Already watching that one to see where it gets to.

Animal~~ I've only got $5000 to spend. So if you can get him to budge a little I'd definately be interested.
Tell you what
PM me your name and number and I will pass it to him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts