Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

quick question: 929 BOS exhaust on a 919?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  IanDoohan 
#1 ·
hi!
I have a simple question I hope some of you can answer, because I'm pretty clueless.
What's the deal with bolt-on exhausts for older Blades?

I'm looking to replace the exhaust on my 1997 Blade (sc33) & because of the age of my bike & my budget, I'm looking to buy 2nd hand.

I've found 2 advertisements for a BOS bolt-on exhaust, but both are for other years than my baby.
One is for the SC44 / SC50, the other for the 94-95 model.

will these fit?
or why not?

(Probably been asked before, but I didn't know how to narrow down my search.
My dealer isn't answering because he probably just wants me to buy a new exhaust, can't blame him of course..)

thanks in advance

#2 ·
Pretty much all the SC28 and SC33 exhausts will bolt up to the motor and subframe. Headers and exhaust cans are not compatible in some of those applications.

929,954, etc Full exhausts, as well as slip ons (aka bolt ons), will not work.

You should be ok with fitting the SC28 full exhaust to your SC33, the muffler hanger just may need some tweaking.

I have an SC33 full Erion Racing exhaust on my 93 SC28, and a hybrid SC28 Two Brothers Racing full exhaust with a Muzzy oval Carbon can (as well as a back up Micron can) on my SC33.

The top bike in this attachment is a 93 with an MVR exhaust, old pic, so it's not relevant to your question.

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm fairly sure the end cans are not compatible between SC28 and SC33. The original tab on the middle of the can doesn't line up. Now, I don't know for sure, it may just be the 98-99 that don't work with 93-97.

I'm sorrry, I can't speak for sure. Do a search on the forum and see what comes up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.