Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything on the repsol oil. I already bought some and I'm ready to put it in my 929 but I thought I'd see what you guys thought about that before I go through with it.

Not trying to start a new oil thread that eveyone gets mad about.:)
Just yes or no will work for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wasn't too sure because its synthetic and I know some people have a problem with that. I guess I'm going to go put it in now.

p.s. The stuff cost about 14 bucks a quart.:huh: I really don't know why I bought it. Oh well, Hayden uses it too.;)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
if its motorcycle specific oil it'll work. a lot of car oils have friction modifiers that are bad for the wet clutch. being synthetic or not isn't going to hurt.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
redhotz28 said:
Synthetic oil reduces friction too.... I always put the best oil I can find in my bike.
true but it doesn't hurt the clutch like moly stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm all done. When I get off work in the morning I'm going to ride for an hour or so if it's not raining. I'll find out if she's running good.
A buddy of mine just used repsol in his gsxr 600 and he says his clutch was slipping a little but we found out that he put way to much oil in the bike so I figure that's what his problem was.
I think mine will be fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OSIRIS said:
No...I guess it was a bad attempt at humor :idunno:

I thought you were kidding at first, but for some reason it also made me think "Oh :censored: , I just wasted like 60 bucks". That's why I asked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts