Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice photos eek. I haven't done a Napa trip or crossed the Golden Gate yet on my blade, I always head east to Mosquito Ridge. I should take a digital camera to Mosquito Ridge next time and post them like you did for the golden gate, it's breathtaking up there. There's a huge canyon, sheer cliff walls, all twisties, no straights, it's my favorite road. I ride it on weekdays to avoid the po po. Have you been there?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Nice pics! I seen on the discovery channel how the bridge was built, way cool!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
eeeeek : Mosquito Ridge Road...

Once or twice  

I've got more than a few MRR stories, including snow near the dam and getting passed by Mike on the shoulder on a Honda 305...
Mosquito Ridge Road

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I actually prefer this road now. Brand spankin new pavement, first (and probably last) public road I have ever put my knee down on. Nothing out there but trees. Not to be missed.

Wentworth Springs Rd

-Shrub

·
Registered
735 Posts
WetShrub : I actually prefer this road now.  Brand spankin new pavement, first (and probably last) public road I have ever put my knee down on.  Nothing out there but trees.  Not to be missed.

-Shrub

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shrub, I remember your first thread on this. It made me very angry that some jerkoff cop is out there messin' up my favorite ride. While he's hiding in the bushes waiting to bust riders for 3mph over, like he's Roscoe P Coaltrain, people are in need of help on the freeways. Hopefully he'll try this bullshit with the wrong person and get thrown over the cliff or shot with his own gun, or some other fitting punishment. He's giving all the hard working cops out there a bad name.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well, I wouldn't want to wish bad things on anyone, even that guy. My only gripe was that he gave us a ticket when one was not required and he kept us from riding on that road all summer. I haven't been back there since the ticket. I have been thinking about going up there again soon though since the summer weather is almost gone. Perhaps the first cold weekend I will head up there. For now it's Wentworth Springs for me. That road is amazing! For the sections that are repaved they are better than Skaggs Springs Rd in Healdsburg. Totally cool road. We usually head out in the early mornings before anyone else gets out there and make a pass through the really twisty parts at a slow pace and then go back and forth a few times. Then head home.

-Shrub

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rode Mosquito Ridge monday the 8th, the only po po I saw was on forest hill rd. Once I got to MR, it was CHP free! I definately wasn't burning up the road due to your horror story, but I wasn't slowing down much for corner's. It's nearly impossible to do the speed limit, 40mph is a joke. I wonder if officer dickhead is still out there, or if the funding ran out now that summer is officially over? I already have 2 speeding tickets on my record from commuting on bus 80(55mph). Can't afford another one, but can't stay away from the best road I've ever seen. Sounds like it would be pretty hard to outrun the cop there, not only is he a skilled driver, but where would one go? Especially if they had an airplane on you!

Does anyone know if Mosquito Ridge is still on crackdown status? From reading the chp stories on Pashnit.com, sounds like all the heat was at the beginning of summer.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wentworth Springs is a great road. I have a little loop that I hit now and then that gives me a little of everything.

I hit Glen and Marlene's in Plymouth for breakfast, then take E16 to Sly Park. Blast on 50 for a couple of miles to Icehouse and Jam up Icehouse (everyone else is going the other way) all the way to Wentworth and then Wentwroth to Georgetown. Left on 193 down to Placerville and then head home. Great little loop.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think we need to get a bay area group together to go check out some of these roads. It's a pretty long ride to the sierra from the bay but with some other folks along for the ride it might be fun.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
CBRjack,

It's a long ride from the bay.  For me, the Wentworth Springs ride is a minimum of like 4 hours or more.  Mosquito Ridge Road is similar but it's like 35 miles out with no gas and tons of turns, then 35 miles back.  They are great roads but it's almost worth doing an overnighter.  Ride up on a Friday and stay in a hotel, then hit these roads the next day or something.  That's how I was able to see Skaggs Springs Rd.  I'm not much for the iron butt stuff so I rode over to Jenner (my GF's parents have a cabin there) and from there did some rides on the coast and through Sonoma County...then headed home.  Great trip though.

-Shrub

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm definitely gonna do this in the next few weeks. I have to mount some fresh rubber and then I take advantage of the best riding season in northern CA. The kids are in school the weather is cooling down and the leaves are beginning to turn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts