Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something to help track where the money goes. I could call my Honda dealer b/c he'll be able to tell me where most of it went :D , but I need something for the every-day stuff.

Does anyone here recommend Quicken?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
DUX said:
I'm looking for something to help track where the money goes. I could call my Honda dealer b/c he'll be able to tell me where most of it went :D , but I need something for the every-day stuff.

Does anyone here recommend Quicken?

Thanks!
Use it a bunch. However if you just want a start point get a small notepad and write down every penny for a week or two. I do use Quicken to track accounts and securities and it works well enough for me. Plus it has some nice utilities like amortization calculators.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Never tried quicken, but when I get all motivated about keeping track of my money, I build Excel spreadsheets.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We use Quicken to track all our finances. Works really good. It's easy to use and setup. Once you set it up, it makes it easy to print out reports and things at tax time (even if you don't use Turbo Tax). I think it's worth the price.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've used it forever. Hasn't made me any wealthier, but a lot more organized. I love it for online banking, bill paying, portfolio updating, expense tracking, etc. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
luvtolean said:
Never tried quicken, but when I get all motivated about keeping track of my money, I build Excel spreadsheets.
me too

That usually lasts about 2 months and I start to slip. THe nice thing about using Excel is that you have an infinite number of ways to interpret and manipulate your data. Plus you can make cool graphs that show how poor your spending habits are.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
luvtolean said:
+1. I built an Excel sheet back in '02 that I still use today. Back then, I was living check to check and eating a lot of PB&J to cover my horrendous spending habits. Paid off all but my mortgage in 7 months.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Used quicken for the last 3 years for my business.....makes tracking things a lot easier. Decided that in the end I needed that same level on organisation and information at my fingertips and purchased MS Money (cheaper than the others) afor my personal finances, helped me a lot work out where I am and how screwed I am financially due to this motorbike thing.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I've used quicken since it came out... It helps me keep track and is easier than ever to use. most accounts can just be downloaded rather than typing in by hand.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Missed this earlier.

We use Quicken for personal finances, and Quickbooks for business...two thumbs for both... :thumb:

Beyond that, I recommend using aluminum foil, and burning it off.... :evilaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts