Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks I have just bought a PK-POWER quickshifter which looks identical to the dynojet version and have a couple of questions....should it click or move in any way? the little barrel with the threads is solid...I thought it might move like a switch?.....also does it matter which way round I mount it, I have harris rearsets on my 929 and the supplied rod is way too short so I am thinking of cutting the harris shift rod and drilling and threading the end to mount the quickshifter but it would mean mounting it with the threads on the shifter facing rearward???? any advice is welcomed..........cheers guys

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello folks I have just bought a PK-POWER quickshifter which looks identical to the dynojet version and have a couple of questions....should it click or move in any way? the little barrel with the threads is solid...I thought it might move like a switch?.....also does it matter which way round I mount it, I have harris rearsets on my 929 and the supplied rod is way too short so I am thinking of cutting the harris shift rod and drilling and threading the end to mount the quickshifter but it would mean mounting it with the threads on the shifter facing rearward???? any advice is welcomed..........cheers guys

Never seen one but I wouldn't expect it to have noticeable movement in it. Put a mulitmeter on it and measure continuity under compression and tension.
Can't see why direction would matter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I looked into these before I bought the Dynojet version instead. There will be some movement in the unit and yes id expect it to be push. I'll get a pic for you if it helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You may have to fab something up to make it work with the bent rod, Im sure it can be done. Do you have pics of the pressure sensor itself?

I went with the powercommander too but I went with a pull style sensor and found a shifter that works just right so now its a "gp style" pattern 1up 5down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well.. I have made a makeshift rod until Harris send me a custom made rod.......the result is not good....I have plugged it into the powercommander and kept the default setting of minimum revs at 4000rpm and a kill time of 75ms....I dont have an install program for the quickshifter......it just recognised it on its own is this correct? there are no downloads for any quickshifter programs at dynojet etc, anyways the gears grind like hell when I try to change with the bike on an abba stand with the revs at 6000 ish......any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
does it have a light on it? Mine has a little light on it you have to adjust the rods so that the light is green, and when you move the shifter up it should turn red

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
well.. I have made a makeshift rod until Harris send me a custom made rod.......the result is not good....I have plugged it into the powercommander and kept the default setting of minimum revs at 4000rpm and a kill time of 75ms....I dont have an install program for the quickshifter......it just recognised it on its own is this correct? there are no downloads for any quickshifter programs at dynojet etc, anyways the gears grind like hell when I try to change with the bike on an abba stand with the revs at 6000 ish......any ideas?

Have you actually ridden it to see if it shifts cleanly while the driveline is loaded up?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theres no lights on it at all :crap: I havent rode it yet bladeracer because the rod is too short and the gearshift is unusable with my foot but it can be changed by hand and its not under tension before I attempt to change gear...is there a way to test it with a multimeter?

·
Registered
130 Posts
shouldnt need to be loaded up mine will work on the stand, have you considered just buying the dynojet sensor it may make life alot easier.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have only had this one a few days???? I will keep tryin to get this one working, it might be software related? someone on the forum mentioned activating in the powercommander software but I just had the settings pop up on their own.....I will do a resistance check although I have no idea what to expect (and I,m rubbish at electricary lol)

·
Registered
149 Posts
You need the power commander QS software disc to activate it mate, you open the programme and activate it from off to on. When I was looking into PK they said they would supply the software, id give them a bell. Failing tht I have the original disc, could burn you a copy if all goes wrong.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers stanley954 mate....let me know how much you want to cover costs etc......I would be really grateful for a copy of the disc

·
Registered
149 Posts
Would only be a few pence mate, get me a brew if we ever cross paths lol. The PK dealer in Houghton-le-Spring claims the software comes with this kit but im not sure if you got it from there. I will see how big the file is, might be able to just upload it somewhere for you to download? either way it will get sorted buddy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts