Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all no the discrepances in the tacho speed area But .Was on the track at the weekend, now im running standard gearing on the 954 apart from a 190/55 tyre now heres the good bit im not boasting about the speed etc. just that i was clocking 172mph racing a zx10r 04 model also running standard gearing etc but he was clocking 184mph now we were along side each other no body pulling anywhere past anyone.:confused: i can accept that there would be a diff but on whos clocks??So tryed it again with ma bro on a gixxer1000 k1 everything standard again apart from i clocked 158mph he was doing 170mph and again on the other end of the scale i was doing 71mph him 79mph.so we have 3 diff bikes but to show 12mph diff to the 954 on the top
end of the scale????????????????????????????????????????????????????:confused:
Im confused.We could see each others clocks so this is witnessed. some one explain

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Combination of both. That tall 55 series tire is turning marginally slower than a 50 series, giving you a low reading.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I rode through those police radars on the side of the road, it said 38mph I looked down and read 41mph on the gauges. About 5k miles on the tires and everything else stock. At least its higher than said speed rather than lower. :idunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts