Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as I mentioned in another thread, I am quitting the new job I just started last week. There are many things I don't like about it, such as, being radio dispated, driving in Boston a lot, working with idiots (they like to not tell me the full address of the place I have to go, so I have to ask them for the whole address). Last week they told me to drop stuff off at the wrong airline, then I had to go back just after I left to take it back and bring it to the right one (I was worried about that becuase I didn't wanna get screwed because of doing something wrong with cargo at an international airport).

The money is good but being happy just plain sucks and I won't do that again (did it for a year and pretty much hated life). Autozone says I can come back (never fully quit and I wasn't taken off ful time in the system yet anyway). Plus they said I can still have the promotion they were thinking of giving me when I took the new job.

and for anyone wondering, the money is building in the bank account towards a new bike.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPY said:
What is your job at autozone and what is the new job that you are quiting??
at autozone I pick orders in the morning to be sent to other stores (and prepare the paperwork to go with those orders). Send out parts to other stores across the country, stock shelves, deliver parts to local shops and rarely drive the routes to deilver parts to other stores. New position is basically the same but more money and I'll be considered a manager (I already have a managers password in the computer).

the other job is driving a straight truck delivering stuff. can be pretty much anything as long as its not hazardous. Deliver a lot of large wooden crates, go to Gillette and pick up a few boxes (sometimes it can be more I guess but the most I've done was 5 boxes) and deliver them to another Gillette building up the street (not sure how they make money on that. seems to me they could do that themselves and just call us when they have a bunch of stuff). Its pretty much just pick this stuff up here and take it here.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I might be following your lead but going to another new job doing the same type of work just more money (in MA. tho :( ) and no non-paid trips for work.

Not getting paid for milage/tolls sux!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Oh i was just wondering cause My GF Sunny used to deliver car parts for Pep Boys and it seemed like a crappy job... she had to use her own pickup truck (my pickup truck) and pay for her own gas. put alot of miles on the truck went through lots of gas and did not get paid to well for it... so she quit..

No she is a bug killer!! and drives a company vehicle!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
CBR929RE said:
working with idiots (they like to not tell me the full address of the place I have to go, so I have to ask them for the whole address).
Another perspective: I *wish* that were the most inconvient thing I had to deal with in my job.

I like to think of work like this: "We *all* have to do a little bit of shit work. As long as the majority of it is cool, then we have a deal and I won't complain (too much) about the little bit of shit work that I have to tolerate."

Still yet another perspective: If it was fun, they wouldn't call it work.

Yet another: If it wasn't a hassle you wouldn't get paid (well) for it.

HD

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
"We *all* have to do a little bit of shit work.
Some days this statement is literal for me.

I know a guy that works at a strange chemical company here in town. One day he walked into a building he'd never been in before and saw one guy sitting in front of a scale. All the way down the bench were rows of turds in weigh boats. At least you don't have that job...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Sunbert said:
Some days this statement is literal for me.

I know a guy that works at a strange chemical company here in town. One day he walked into a building he'd never been in before and saw one guy sitting in front of a scale. All the way down the bench were rows of turds in weigh boats. At least you don't have that job...
I went to college for this shit??!!

*lame :O

Reactions: Sunbert

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
This post belongs here, not in the other thread.

CBR929RE said:
so do I but what if you have money and aren't happy.

Besides I'm good with money so I can live off a few bucks less an hour. the only debt I have is about $500-600 on my credit card. so I'm doing alright.
No offense man, but you're not good. At some point you're going to have to get off mom and dad's teat, and stand on your own two feet.

To do that, you will need a real income. And the ability to work a shit job when you need to.

With this, will come new stress, less disposable income, and tons of well earned self confidence.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
CBR929RE said:
well as I mentioned in another thread, I am quitting the new job I just started last week. There are many things I don't like about it...
Nothing personal, but you have no clue what real job stress is...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Exactaly. Get back to us when your job performance is the difference between life and death for thousands of people. Thats stress.
Or the jobs or your coworkers/friends. Or the hundreds/thousands of employees the auto manufacturers are laying off. Etc etc.

HD

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I have worked many shit jobs to get where I am now, and still strive to go further. Some people are content at where they are at in their current situation. I am always looking to do better. I deal with members all day long, they are trying to get me to agree that we are their private tree company and just because they paid their bill we should remove that tree from over their house. My job is to stand firm with my decision, educate someone who is not willing to listen and stand behind my decision when the member calls in saying I was rude and an asshole.

I understand the trucking industry, I drove OTR for an expedited air freight company for a while and done the same things you did, I was taking a break from my chosen profession and it was rather relaxing. I was by myself, nobody harping down my neck, I did not have to listen to the constant ring of a telephone.

Sounds like you need to do some soul searching and see what YOU want in life and then decide what you NEED to do for work. As LTL said, living with mom and pop is cool for saving cash but you ain't seen shit yet.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
yup, life can and does suck, no matter what you do. There will always be bad days. You're gonna have to deal with it eventually. I'd say I have one of the most stressful and dangerous jobs out there and the only way I manage is because I love what I do. You don't have to find work you like, just find something you can tolerate. Hell, I worked at wendy's in high school. It was great, no stress, except maybe if I burnt the fries. Life won't be easy forever.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
MedTechRR said:
yup, life can and does suck, no matter what you do. There will always be bad days. You're gonna have to deal with it eventually. I'd say I have one of the most stressful and dangerous jobs out there and the only way I manage is because I love what I do. You don't have to find work you like, just find something you can tolerate. Hell, I worked at wendy's in high school. It was great, no stress, except maybe if I burnt the fries. Life won't be easy forever.
:blahblah:

:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:twofing: :twofing: :twofing: :stfu:

:D

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
If there is one thing I have always believed in it's this...I would much rather be in a job I enjoy and make "enough" money, than a job I hate and make a lot. FInd one that makes you happy. When I first started here I loved my job, enjoyed coming to work everyday. Now I hate it, I can't stand to come to work anymore. The pay is great but I'm just not happy any more. So I too have had thoughts of a "career change". The biggest adjustment for me if I move jobs will be covering my bills. The only reason I have stayed in this hell is because of my job, but now I'm not so sure I wanna stay here. Find something you enjoy and get pleasure out of and go for it. Money isn't everything even though it seems that way most of the time.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts