Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this system? How do you like it? Is it bad in the long run to throw an exh. system on a bike without tuning it? I dont really want to have to buy a power commander and deal with the fuel consumption. Is the slip on more cost effective or are the stock headers really weariness enough to change?

MC

·
Registered
89 Posts
does anyone have this system? How do you like it? Is it bad in the long run to throw an exh. system on a bike without tuning it? I dont really want to have to buy a power commander and deal with the fuel consumption. Is the slip on more cost effective or are the stock headers really weariness enough to change?

MC
yes, I have got it, it is titanium/carbon version. I love it. If you will not get the power commander AND tune it on the dyno then your bike wil run VERY lean. Try More Power Racing - Car Truck and Motorcycle Accessories - they also do price match. I bought everything from them (exhaust, power commander and BMC air filter).

I got approximately 10 bhp more across whole range of rpm, the flat spot at around 4 thousand rpm is gone. The fuel consuption is worse, 5-10 % less miles from the tank than before. Many places where I had to ride in the first gear are fine in the second gear now and bike also runs cooler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I have got it, it is titanium/carbon version. I love it. If you will not get the power commander AND tune it on the dyno then your bike wil run VERY lean. Try More Power Racing - Car Truck and Motorcycle Accessories - they also do price match. I bought everything from them (exhaust, power commander and BMC air filter).

I got approximately 10 bhp more across whole range of rpm, the flat spot at around 4 thousand rpm is gone. The fuel consuption is worse, 5-10 % less miles from the tank than before. Many places where I had to ride in the first gear are fine in the second gear now and bike also runs cooler.
word. ive been hearing very mixed results as i have been looking for an answer to this. some say the stock pipe is the best and that there is no more power to be had because of the valve system (even though it doesnt make much sense for the topend). A cross section diagram of the stock pipe makes me wonder though. Im no engineer but it doesnt look like its the absolute best design for an exh. sys. it kinda goes into a chamber then the valve decides which hole it comes outta. This makes me think all rough surfaces (hinge for the valve) might cause some turbulence making room for improvement. am i on the right track here?

·
Registered
89 Posts
word. ive been hearing very mixed results as i have been looking for an answer to this. some say the stock pipe is the best and that there is no more power to be had because of the valve system (even though it doesnt make much sense for the topend). A cross section diagram of the stock pipe makes me wonder though. Im no engineer but it doesnt look like its the absolute best design for an exh. sys. it kinda goes into a chamber then the valve decides which hole it comes outta. This makes me think all rough surfaces (hinge for the valve) might cause some turbulence making room for improvement. am i on the right track here?
The stock exhaust system has to comply with noise and emission regulations. It is not bad, but the valves (there are two inside) system creates uneven torque increases up to 6000 rpm. I think you might be almost on track understanding why after market systems can achieve better results: you get smooth bigger diameter pipes flowing more gasses. If you go for some significantly lighter system than the stock one you can not only increase the bhp but you will save a few pounds of weight too.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I havnt got a yoshi but have a Akrapovic full system which should be around the same figues but can say that the original down pipes flow realy well and the difference on this model between aftermarket and original is between 8-10 more at the very top end with a PC111.So in the UK about 169-172BHP at the wheel depending on dyno and conditions but the big change is the the fueling which will improve the throttle response and mid range wollop and completely agree with blackadder on his previous posts.Heres my dyno sheet on a tight engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I havnt got a yoshi but have a Akrapovic full system which should be around the same figues but can say that the original down pipes flow realy well and the difference on this model between aftermarket and original is between 8-10 more at the very top end with a PC111.So in the UK about 169-172BHP at the wheel depending on dyno and conditions but the big change is the the fueling which will improve the throttle response and mid range wollop and completely agree with blackadder on his previous posts.Heres my dyno sheet on a tight engine.
and here is my graph:

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you have the stock dyno to compare against? This is the first Yoshi dyno i have seen, i made very similar numbers with a full arrow and bmc filter/tune. Within 1 hp and .2 tq.
I am sorry I do not have the stock chart, I have seen one and heard about other results to be somewhere from 157 to 164 bhp. I think this board got a thread somewhere with the stock dyno chart.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cool its always nice to compare your own stock to modded to see the gains, mine was 157 with the Z-bomb(gives back the top end which is stock in europe) and 168 with system and tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Seconded :) .. This setup is fantastic... and I get 50mpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts