Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my R class today, what a relief!, great feeling to hear those words" ok il give you a pass"

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Over here it's a Class "M", for motorcycle. I guess in Australia it's "R" for racing??? Anyway, congrats!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
congratulations buddy! im up to my Q class but ive got my sights firmly set on the R class next. ; )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Over here in Adelaide, Australia we go from our

Learners permit

R-Date licence - can ride bikes up to 660 ml engine capacity and power to weight ratio not exceeding 150 kw/t the

R licence - full rider's licence, can ride any bike (must have held an R-Date licence for at least 12 months

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Over here in Adelaide, Australia we go from our

Learners permit

R-Date licence - can ride bikes up to 660 ml engine capacity and power to weight ratio not exceeding 150 kw/t the

R licence - full rider's licence, can ride any bike (must have held an R-Date licence for at least 12 months
Thanks for the explanation. :thumb:

It's stupidly easy to get a motorcycle licence in the US. Any size you can throw a leg over, as long as it's a legally licenced bike.

All you have to do in California, is get on a licenced bike, ride thru a little cone course in the back of the DMV parking lot without dobbing a foot off the pegs, take a written test of about 35 questions that are pretty easy multiple choice, and if you pass with 85% you're now a licenced motorcycle rider and can ride ANY bike that is licenced on all public roads.

Or, you can take the written test only, and upon passing that, you can be issued a riders permit which allows you to ride ANY licenced bike with the following restrictions:
no riding at night
no passengers
no riding on highway's or interstates
The permit is good for one year, at which point you can apply for another year on the permit, or take the riding test I mentioned earlier to obtain a full-on motorcycle licence. Good for 5 years before renewing by simply paying the fee online or at DMV. No further testing required.

:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a 2013 cbr 1000rr repsol about three months after I passed my small bike license and rode around with a shadow until I passed so I've been getting good experience on the bigger bike, a lot of open roads where I live so not just sitting in city traffic wishing I could get outta second gear, thanks for the good vibes guys wherever you ride, godspeed

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey , if a 15 y.o. kid (me) can get a motorcycle permit and ride legally on the road before getting a car liscense. I say why not? I have had my motorcycle liscense longer than my car liscense. 35 yrs and counting. I am sure this goes for a number of us. I think learning to ride in the dirt helps people hone their street skills. The ground is a lot softer when you fall off in the dirt.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
dirt def helps. ive been on dirt bikes since i was about 6. i guess everybody rides differently but personally when i ride its like my hair is on fire. my point being i had a whole lot of "O SH*T" moments on dirt before i ever got on a street bike. imo learning to control my natural fear reactions to those situations has been the biggest contribution to my street riding skills. those natural fear reactions take a lot of real world experience to really get a hold of. being able to ride thru some serious mistakes without making even worse mistakes after, during recovery, has saved my skin many many times. we all have moments even if we dont ride like a bat out a hell and what you do those split seconds after is what determines whether you ride away on your bike or in an ambulance.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
dirt def helps. ive been on dirt bikes since i was about 6. i guess everybody rides differently but personally when i ride its like my hair is on fire. my point being i had a whole lot of "O SH*T" moments on dirt before i ever got on a street bike. imo learning to control my natural fear reactions to those situations has been the biggest contribution to my street riding skills. those natural fear reactions take a lot of real world experience to really get a hold of. being able to ride thru some serious mistakes without making even worse mistakes after, during recovery, has saved my skin many many times. we all have moments even if we dont ride like a bat out a hell and what you do those split seconds after is what determines whether you ride away on your bike or in an ambulance.
:plus1: x 100.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well done mate, now you can put some big km's on the repsol! How you finding the bike?

I just have the exhaust to do on mine. Here's what it looks like now...

image.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts