Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I installed mine the other day...You better hope and pray they send YOU the right size bolts!!!

They sent me the wrong bolts that hold the indicator / licence plate holder on to the undertray,,spent hours scouting round town looking for similar ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to install it, only annoying thing was the wiring etc for the plate late..

With the brake and indicator wiring, do you just tape it to the bottom of the seat storage compartment?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
All I did with mine Kris was to put as much of the wires in the plastic connector cover, and leave the rest loose under the seat. I don't carry anything in the compartment under the seat hump so it doesn't matter to me.

The wires are a bit long, but hey, the original plate hanger was about a foot further away than the replacement lol !!

I just took a lot of time making sure the shrink wrap tape around the wires on the outside of the bike was perfect before applying heat to shrink it and make it tidy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh nice one, yeah ive got a bit of exposed wiring on the outside of the bike - doesnt really matter to me, no heat around that area etc.. The connectors are all heat shrinked though..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You get a lot more heat on the outside than we do in the UK mate. Fancy swapping your climate for ours ? :eek:

The aggravation of fitting it is worth it for the look though isn't it ?

I'm glad I gave it a go, my dealer wanted £60 to fit it for me. Probably took me a while longer, but I suppose you are a lot more careful with your own bike. :thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed, worth every cent.. Theres no heat around the plate section so i dont mind the wires being a tiny bit exposed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts