Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone who follows motor sports knows by now, the racing community lost a great man and a great competitor yesterday in Dan Wheldon. Dan won the Indy 500 in 2005 and 2011 and will be sadly missed. Best wishes to his wife and sons, Godspeed Dan.
hweldon_20111016204240909_660_320.jpg 101511-Racing-Dan-Wheldon-career-moments-gallery-3_20111016185926195_600_400.jpg

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I remember him, he was pretty good cart driver.!
Its been few years since.
What a feeling it had to of been to win A Indy 500 couldn't imagine wearing that sash thing holding the trophy
R.I.P Dan

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember him, he was pretty good cart driver.!
Its been few years since.
What a feeling it had to of been to win A Indy 500 couldn't imagine wearing that sash thing holding the trophy
R.I.P Dan
Wow, I forgot that post, I posted that when I was new here. A lot of F1 and Indy drivers spend time in carts. I was actually at the track for a practice day when Eddie Lawson showed up with his cart. he was preparing to start his Indy Lights career. I was already on the track and he pulled out behind me. I held him off for a couple laps(probably just heating up his tires), I considered it a victory, given his 4 time world champ status and him being in a 250cc and me in a 100cc cart.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Weird that this came up. I just seriously watched my first F1 (in Belgium) and Indy Car race (Leguna Seca). All I can say is Holy F*&^k!!! I may have a new sport to watch and follow. The Indy car race at LS was the one where that pit crew guy had a tire hanging outward from his hip (looked like a VERY amatuer move) and got clipped hard by another car just pulling out. Anyone see that?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yea I revived this old thread :)
You guys know. FJ1200rj has only started 3 threads. Two were dead no post. So I brought them back. :)
your welcome

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I revived this old thread :)
You guys know. FJ1200rj has only started 3 threads. Two were dead no post. So I brought them back. :)
your welcome
Yeah I haven't started many threads, don't judge me!:(.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts