Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying an R1 2000 model. Have a choice between that and a Kawasaki Ninja ZX12 R, also a 2000 model.

What are the pros and cons ?

Just like to hear some other experienced peoples opinions.

Will be using the bike in Thailand.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
My mate has a 2000 R1 and really likes it, but it is quite a small bike.

Personally, of those 2 I would go for the ZX-12 as I prefer physically larger bikes.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Most bikes are small compared to the 98 blade.. :evilaugh:
Not really, it's still pretty small. Most sports bikes are smaller, and are of no interest to me. Depends how big you are I guess! I am no giant, but my next bike will be something that fits me better than a FireBlade.

Here I am test-riding a BMW R1200GS Adventure, I like this type of bike.

I've tried my mate's 2000 R1 and found it far too cramped for my liking.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I am 6'1 175lbs (12.5stone for you people over there).. haha

My blade is just really wide. And she had that big old backside hahaha.
Same height, just a bit more of me at 17.5 stone (245lbs for you people over there....)

Strangely enough I don't find the FireBlade very wide!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Hey stretch, what size are you? Both bikes have merit, but I find an R1 a little cramped at 6'5", 240lbs (though I'd still own one in a heartbeat). A ZX-12 is a true straightline missile, from my understanding.

·
Registered
931 Posts
2000 R1: Gearbox problems, if not now, then very soon. Like to flap their bars about as well. Build quality better than earlier efforts but.....
Kwak. Bigger, heavier, a bit thin on low down power, but, of the two, woud be my choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for the Advice went with the R1. Got it for a good price and its on ok condition.

However im looking at changing the colour scheme.

Anyone with any pictures or any good sites to look for ideas. Still want to keep it predomenantly red little bit white and black but want deeper red and to change pattern slightly.

Any help appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts