Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The race base CBR1000RR was released in Japan yesterday. As usual, comes in matt black only and only 50 will be made available. At today's exchanges rates it works out at USD 9,340. It's based on the European spec and race kit includes tyres, ECU, transmission and camshaft.

link

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That is a fine buy. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
RRWANTR said:
Why are there headlight and blinker cutouts?? :huh:
Fer what? That's just more parts to fix when you crash it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
RRWANTR said:
Well they could at least glass over the headlight holes for that chunk of change. :rant:
Actually that brings up a good point, something doesn't seem right. The tail section is open. Surely Honda won't ship them like that.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
That's just the missing seat. I remember seeing a 600RR and 954 this way, too.
I think it's just a way of getting bikes to those that are gonna just race it anyway and save them some money.
I would prefer they just didn't add any bodywork and save some more cost.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
BDA116 said:
That's just the missing seat. I remember seeing a 600RR and 954 this way, too.
I think it's just a way of getting bikes to those that are gonna just race it anyway and save them some money.
I would prefer they just didn't add any bodywork and save some more cost.
That's my point...if your spending that $$ on the kit you're not going to run that plastic with a rear seat on it and the headlights cutout....either include a decent set of race glass or leave it out.. :idunno:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
RRWANTR said:
That's my point...if your spending that $$ on the kit you're not going to run that plastic with a rear seat on it and the headlights cutout....either include a decent set of race glass or leave it out.. :idunno:
Yes, good point. Or ship it with painted plastic so you can sell it to a street guy for good $.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Just shot in the dark but maybe the plastic is there to help protect the bike until it's ready for race plastic and it's cheaper to just run a set from the existing street mold? Think of it as the wrapper?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
tigerblade said:
Just shot in the dark but maybe the plastic is there to help protect the bike until it's ready for race plastic and it's cheaper to just run a set from the existing street mold? Think of it as the wrapper?
Yeah, that's why all the 919s get shipped to the dealers with a full set of fairings that just get thrown away when they uncrate 'em. :rolleyes: Dumbass.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts