Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been runing my 2001 cbr929rr and it feels like it lags off then line or studers for like 2 sec and then it comes alive what can i do to fix that i am leving the line at 8000 rpms ????????? 1 down in front and 3 up in the rear on sprockets

·
Registered
388 Posts
what kind of times are you running aswell as youre 60ft try leaving around 51/2 rpm and dump the clutch try not to slip it so much. does it do it to you on street. we will get you tru this. my 929 runs strong in the 1/8 mile. took a while.do you have power commander. or any tuning.

·
Registered
993 Posts
My bike would do that as I slipped the clutch, turns out it was the weak ass stock clutch springs. Since CBRs are more track bikes than drag bikes they come with weaker clutch springs to allow easier clutch pull and control on deceleration (now bikes have slipper clutches)... anyway, if your bike is running fine the rest of the way down the track I bet it's just your clutch springs... Get 10-20% stiffer and you can slip the clutch out without the chatter on WOT launches.... If you find the springs are too stiff you can switch every other clutch spring for a stock one to get a balance... some guys even scuff up their steel disks with sand paper to prevent slipage (usually as a last resort at the end of track day with a nearly burned up clutch).

Here's my 10% stiffer EBC clutch springs (or one of them) compared to a stock spring:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.