Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has an aftermarket toyo radiator on it and it was pissing from the cap when the bike got to operating temps. I thought that there was an issue with the honda cap on it so I went to the bike shop and purchased a brand new honda cap for my bike. the fluid is still pissing from the new cap. i talked to the bike shop and they said that i need to find a toyo radiator cap and they can't find one for me because they are only able to order factory parts.... i googled my ass off and i cant find where to get a toyo radiator cap from..... and help would be welcomed ........ thanks :huh:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
My bike has an aftermarket toyo radiator on it and it was pissing from the cap when the bike got to operating temps. I thought that there was an issue with the honda cap on it so I went to the bike shop and purchased a brand new honda cap for my bike. the fluid is still pissing from the new cap. i talked to the bike shop and they said that i need to find a toyo radiator cap and they can't find one for me because they are only able to order factory parts.... i googled my ass off and i cant find where to get a toyo radiator cap from..... and help would be welcomed ........ thanks :huh:

I've never heard of a Toyo radiator.
If it's blowing the pressure relief valve then you need a heavier spring in the cap.
Or you can cut a rubber disc and put that in the radiator neck first with the cap on top to stop it blowing off at all. If it's not getting well over boiling point then it doesn't need the pressure relief valve.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the radiator has toyo written on the fins.... im not sure... im out of my element with the mechanics of the bike lol...... the bike is not overheating or anything it just that when it gets warmed up it starts pissing radiator fluid out from the cap area....

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
the radiator has toyo written on the fins.... im not sure... im out of my element with the mechanics of the bike lol...... the bike is not overheating or anything it just that when it gets warmed up it starts pissing radiator fluid out from the cap area....

It was fine until it just started leaking one day?
If you mean it starts leaking as soon as the thermostat opens then there's probably a leak somewhere around the cap area.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no i dont think it was ever fine.... it always pissed some radiator fluid out.... it only stopped doing that when the fluid level was low from all the pissing lol.... im probably just gonna get a factory radiator off of ebay just to avoid headaches.... btw the leak is coming from under the cap... i took the plastics off and started the bike and it was doing ok but when the bike got to operating temps thats when the leaking starts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts