Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Southern California, so rainy season is about to start hitting... what kind of rain gear do people use? I was down at the dealer this weekend and they had some nylon jackets/pants on sale (they DID say Yamaha in small print...) which would have been acceptable for "emergency" use, but they were completely black with some reflective piping. I intentionally didn't by a black bike or black gear.... are there better (color) options that people can recommend or any full-time rain gear?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I've got a Technic rain suit... black with reflective strips. Look for something with a tall collar and stirrups on the pantlegs. I think I paid about 50 dollars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone tried a Frog Toggs suit? They were recommended by someone who does a lot of touring. I've only seen pics on the net so far. Might be worth looking into. Great prices, and they pack up small.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I used Frogg Toggs for a while. They worked great. The down side is that they arent the most durable suit out there. If you get the Toggs, get a size smaller than you think you need so that it will go over your gear snug and not flap around in the wind. Also there are different variations and if I were to do it over, Id get the bib pants over the others because what little water got through came in where the 2 pieces meet.
Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love riding in the rain if I can stay dry. I bought a rain jacket and pants at the bike shop last week, but had to return them because the jacket didn't stay down in the wind. Guess I need elastic or a draw string at the bottom.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Bought a one piece nylon, IXS suit off the shelf while in Germany (~$50). Rode 2 hours through a thunderstorm between NY and FT Knox in June. When the sun came out and I took it off, I was completely dry. Man, those Euros really know their motorcycle gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts