Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Mother of God! What a difference 6mm makes on a 954. I install a 6mm shim on the upper rear spring perch. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but never really had the time or where with all to do it.

The 954 feels like a new bike. Basically, The front turns in really quick with less effort, the front feels more planted going into the turns and the rear just feels like it could hold on forever, even under power! :thumb: Heh heh heh, can't wait for the weekend to test out the mod, in the twisties! :D :D :D

Rick

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I guess that works out well for you since your front was high anyways. Just what you need more weight towards the front...better not jump on them brakes to hard. :D Those things are pretty sweet.

Dano

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Chain said:
You found the 954 steered slowly before? :eek:
Oh c'mon Chain. Surely you noticed that yourself! :rotfl:

K9inAZ. Congrats on your find. Let us know how it goes once you get to really test it!

·
Registered
705 Posts
K9, are you running stock forks, or DK modified? I've been thinking of raising mine a little in the back (easy to do w/Fox shock) but somehow never got around to it!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slowpoke said:
K9, are you running stock forks, or DK modified? I've been thinking of raising mine a little in the back (easy to do w/Fox shock) but somehow never got around to it!
I'm running the DK reworked forks with .95 springs and an Ohlins 3 way in back. :thumb:

Rick

·
Registered
705 Posts
K9inAZ said:
I'm running the DK reworked forks with .95 springs and an Ohlins 3 way in back. :thumb:

Rick
I've got the same setup for the frt. One ?, doesn't your Ohlins shock have a ride height adj. at the bottom of the shock? That'd be a LOT easier than putting a shim at the top. Have you noticed it being any 'twitchier' at speed in a straight line?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
slowpoke said:
I've got the same setup for the frt. One ?, doesn't your Ohlins shock have a ride height adj. at the bottom of the shock? That'd be a LOT easier than putting a shim at the top. Have you noticed it being any 'twitchier' at speed in a straight line?
When I installed my DK forks and Ohlins it rasied my 954 quite a bit, due to stiffer springs.. I was out riding with a friend and we both noticed that my 954 was taller. :eek:

Yes, my Ohlins has a ride height adj. at the bottom of the shock. The shim gives me the height I want, plus the ability to make adjustments up and down, if I need it. Hope, I explained it right. :D

I haven't taken it up to speed in the straights yet. I'll let you know this weekend, when I go out a play with it.

Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts