Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyon has done this to there 954 or has seen it on a 954?? And if there is a company that still makes it for the 954.. :idunno:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fabricated a Ram air system for there cbr954rr or bought one and installed it on the 954..or if anyone has seen one on one

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I was just wondering if anyon has done this to there 954 or has seen it on a 954?? And if there is a company that still makes it for the 954.. :idunno:
Search the forums as there was somebody in Europe that made something up a while back.

·
Registered
824 Posts
its proabably not worth the hassle...maybe 2hp at 150MPH...not to mention the airbox is not made to take advantage of a ram air system so you would have to change that also and the way the filter sits...big job for little improvement...just take the intake flap out if you havnt already done so and call it a day

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
take out the air filter??? What will that do??
It will kill your engine fairly quickly.
He was talking about removing the airbox flapper.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
flapper??? lol sorr sorta new... What part is the flapper???
Inside the airbox is a flap that closes off most of the intake below 8000rpm.
It is most likely only to reduce induction noise as I've never seen any evidence that it has any effect on performance at all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know if there was a performance increase but the
intake induction noise increased to a nice howl even at low rpms when opening the throttle. At low rpm engine noise is better, the engine sounds much less labored when taking off from a dead stop.

·
Registered
824 Posts
ya i definately never said take out your air filter!!!!! thats gotta be a worst thing anyone could do to their bike..just take that flap out and get a K&N or better yet a BMC filter...race or regular...either one will help...race will just let a little more dirt in but if u live in a clean air environment(not the desert) you should be fine

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ya i definately never said take out your air filter!!!!! thats gotta be a worst thing anyone could do to their bike..just take that flap out and get a K&N or better yet a BMC filter...race or regular...either one will help...race will just let a little more dirt in but if u live in a clean air environment(not the desert) you should be fine
K&N is garbage and will reduce your power.
BMC is good, OEM is best.

·
Registered
824 Posts
there is no way a paper element filter will flow better than a cotton...its just not possible...u can think what you want but when it comes to flow the OEM is NOT the best....maybe for filtration...but thats about it...and they dont last forever

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
there is no way a paper element filter will flow better than a cotton...its just not possible...u can think what you want but when it comes to flow the OEM is NOT the best....maybe for filtration...but thats about it...and they dont last forever
Who cares about flow?
The only thing that should matter to anybody that's spent $10,000 on they're bike is _filtration_ - unless you're a top-level racer any flow benefit from less filtration is just not worth the extra 1-2hp.
If you were commenting on K&N being worth using try searching for a thread called something like "filters at the dyno"...

·
Registered
824 Posts
does this filters at the dyno account for fuel management differences? different bikes? different airbox design? if 4it does then i will take a look...all i know is i have used BMC on my bikes and never had a problem with dirt and i have used KN on my cars and always saw HP...thats the facts...maybe subjective but still facts in my eyes

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
does this filters at the dyno account for fuel management differences? different bikes? different airbox design? if 4it does then i will take a look...all i know is i have used BMC on my bikes and never had a problem with dirt and i have used KN on my cars and always saw HP...thats the facts...maybe subjective but still facts in my eyes
Yes. They guys that tested them tried to tune as much as they could out of them.

·
Registered
824 Posts
thats what ur basing all of ur filter knowledge on?!?!?!?! that one page that has some numbers...theres not even graphs!!!!! they could be stickin a broom up ur a** and you wouldnt know the difference...and this is coming from a person who thought ur supposed to hit a impact wrench with a hammer in another thread??? I have been on a motorcycle since i was 7 and am not 25...thats 18 years i have been doing this stuff...i can tell you a BMC with the proper fuel management and a good exhaust will yeild more than 2 HP....u can think what you want...peak numbers...like that bogus filter comparison was judging..doesnt mean ****...it wcould give you 7 HP at 5K rpm and that would be worth it for me! especially if it fills out dips in the power curve...think what you want but get a better source other than that crappy (no graphs) dyno test

·
Registered
824 Posts
These test were run on 108 Octane Sunoco "pump" race gas on a DJ 250 and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!were made without any third party fuel management system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i.e. PC111 etc.)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
thats what ur basing all of ur filter knowledge on?!?!?!?! that one page that has some numbers...theres not even graphs!!!!! they could be stickin a broom up ur a** and you wouldnt know the difference...and this is coming from a person who thought ur supposed to hit a impact wrench with a hammer in another thread??? I have been on a motorcycle since i was 7 and am not 25...thats 18 years i have been doing this stuff...i can tell you a BMC with the proper fuel management and a good exhaust will yeild more than 2 HP....u can think what you want...peak numbers...like that bogus filter comparison was judging..doesnt mean ****...it wcould give you 7 HP at 5K rpm and that would be worth it for me! especially if it fills out dips in the power curve...think what you want but get a better source other than that crappy (no graphs) dyno test
Nice guy...
I've quoted your rant in full so you can come back when you grow up and wonder at yourself.
Amazingly, some of us have been doing this even longer than you and we were already grown up when we started :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts