Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Before I got a trailer, I used two 2x8's with the ramp kit ends, cheap and effectice. You can use other types of ramps but be careful of the length, or the lack of. If they are too short you will have too steep of an incline and be pretty dangerous to get the bike in the back. With the 2X8's you can get them long and then cut them to length.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search for "ramp" in the Towing / Transport forum. Lots of previous discussions.

Yeah thanks. I really like the truck, and you know it's about as good on gas as the Explorer was. I got the all black XLT 4x2, and it's already becoming a beeotch to keep clean, but when it is it's the best color. Ja know?

:rotfl:I could see no clear cut preference. I would like to get off as cheap as possible. (No BDA, I won't go to Chinatown. You know what I mean.)

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I got a trailer, I used two 2x8's with the ramp kit ends, cheap and effectice. You can use other types of ramps but be careful of the length, or the lack of. If they are too short you will have too steep of an incline and be pretty dangerous to get the bike in the back. With the 2X8's you can get them long and then cut them to length.

What do you recommend in folding styles?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I use one 8' pressure treated 2x10 with a ramp kit lip on it. It was perfect for the F150 but now I have a 4x4 Titan which is alot higher. I need to find a slope to load the bike or it will scrape on the bottom because of the angle. With a good slope (like at the bottom of most driveways) I can load/unload the bikes by myself. I usually have someone just stand on the right side just in case but I have done it dozens of times by myself.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
And would you buy again? (Waiting to pull the trigger....)
I have a Ready Ramp as well. Very, very good piece of equipment, serving both purposes very well (ramp and bed extender). When I bought it last year, they didn't have any of the lighter ones, and sold me the heavier capacity one for the price of the lighter one. It has a nice curve to it when in ramp form that really helps with bodywork clearance over your tailgate. It also comes with all kinds of straps for slick attachment to your rig.

:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I got a folding arched motorcycle ramp from Discount Ramps .Com. It is built really well and I would recommend it. It is a bit heavy, however and takes up a fair bit of room. As reference, I can fit my 600RR, pit bike, ramp, ez-up, 5 gallon fuel can, 2 chairs, a cooler in the bed of my S-10, so maybe it is not much of an issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts