Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 929 makes a very annoying rattling sound at 3500 rpm's. It doesn't matter if I'm accelerating or decelerating. Does anyone else out there have this problem or some type of solution?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I get the sound ~6500 but that's the HTEV valve (which'll be removed shortly)...

I suppose if the valve is a little lose it could rattle at any rev which'll get some good harmonics.

Failing that; check over all your bolts and make sure they're tight - then go for a quick ride and see if you can determine an apx. location for the noise.

·
Registered
847 Posts
20blks said:
My 2001 929 makes a very annoying rattling sound at 3500 rpm's. It doesn't matter if I'm accelerating or decelerating. Does anyone else out there have this problem or some type of solution?
Mine does too. It's the HTEV in the exahust. At 3500 rpm the HTEV makes it's first move. At around 7000 it moves again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i get one at 3700 on a 1KRR....it was really worrying me but is that valve vibrating a problem? and what can be done to fix it? i thought maybe it was me hearing the valves clicking or something.

course i put on a new full sys with no valves in it...so what else could it be?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the bolts are tight. Can I remove it? That noise is very, very annoying. I can hear it over anything. I can hear it in my sleep. I CAN HEAR IT NOW!!!!!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I don't think you can just remove the HTEV. You'd need to replace it with something. You could always get a full system, that'd take care of it! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts