Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Quote The only other surprise was the rotary steering damper used by the works Repsol team this year. Damping is provided by a vane pivoted at one end sweeping left and right through a small triangular chamber filled with hydraulic fluid. All components live in the shell around the chamber which is much more resitent to crash damage than a conventional design. It will be on road bikes soon.

Hmm, which bike do ya think they are talking about?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Quote One unexpected detail was the deceleration control, HRC's answer to the engine-braking problem. When the RC211V's throttle is fully closed and the sensors decide the rear wheel is locking, solenoids allow air to flow through thin lines from the airbox to the inlet tracts just downstream of the throttle butterflies.

Way cool stuff...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With 15% development left (only), it sounds like they will need a new motor config and basically a new bike to move forward. And from the sound of that guy, it sounds like they welcome a good old fashioned fight, and glad that Ducati is upping the Ante. That is frikkin' awesome.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yeah, the 15% left statement kinda trips me out... On one hand you think, damn, that bike is only at 85% development...

On the other hand I think, its not really THAT dominant of a bike like it was last year... Its dominant yes, but its not leading all categories... It can be beaten and isn't immortal like we though last year... And with only 15% remaining, will we see a properly done I3 from them, what about the V6??

Very cool time to be a fan of GP racing it is...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Yes, but on the other hand, only the riders on the RC211v or the ducati have been competitive. Every other manufacturer cannot keep up w/ what Mother Honda and Duc have NOW. Let alone 2-4 years from now.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Quote The only other surprise was the rotary steering damper used by the works Repsol team this year. Damping is provided by a vane pivoted at one end sweeping left and right through a small triangular chamber filled with hydraulic fluid. All components live in the shell around the chamber which is much more resitent to crash damage than a conventional design. It will be on road bikes soon.
Hmm, which bike do ya think they are talking about?
Adds more cred to the CBR1000 pics we have seen floating in the last few days

Z...

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Yes, but on the other hand, only the riders on the RC211v or the ducati have been competitive.  Every other manufacturer cannot keep up w/ what Mother Honda and Duc have NOW.  Let alone 2-4 years from now.
I'm hoping Yamaha will figure things out. They seemed close with the M1 last year but the gap has gotten worse this year. It'd be nice if all the brands were competetive.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Melandri placed above Nicky's spec machine on the M1 during Sunday's GP @ Estoril. The bike is competitive, they just don't have Sete, Gibernau, Biaatchi, Capirossi, or Rossi on it. Checa is good but not as good as the previously stated. Those 5 guys are the best in the series.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Checa led several races last year but usually crashed out when he was pushed. I think he's got the talent to be up there. Melandri has been pretty impressive. Barros just needs to get healthy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts