Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'd love to pick that up but I'd just end up crashing it and be pissed off. There's no way I could just let that thing cruise down the street or just sit in the garage.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's one of my all time favorite motorcycles. The wheels are supposed to be white, though, which is OE. Never enough money around when somehting like this comes up, though

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Yes G-Man did buy it, he posted on another forum. Abtech you might try and get a hold of him either through Pm'ing on this site or the Rogue site. Gordon is a good guy and might need your help loading or something.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I had to rub G-Mans face in it a bit, as I sold 2 HRC cranks, TTF1 carbs (magnesium), HRC rods, pistons, cams, radiators, exhaust system and 17' mags about 3 years ago.  Brian Uchida had quite a bit of stuff laying around in the mid 90s and I 'lightened up' his inventory prior to the demise of HRC USA (or make that the birth of 'Thousand Oaks Honda').

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
abtech : SNIP

I 'lightened up' his inventory prior to the demise of HRC USA (or make that the birth of 'Thousand Oaks Honda').
So whats the story behind that? I'm lucky enough to be pretty local to T.O. Honda, and when I go there for parts for my RS125, its just the regular parts monkeys that know nothing, and I have to bring my parts book with numbers to get anything. I'm guessing they are just the USA parts outlet now?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
When Commonwealth Honda (the official US Honda team) hired Brian Uchida full time, HRC closed up shop in their tiny office at Honda America.  The were thinking of making Moto Liberty in Texas the official HRC affiliate, but someone in Japan doesn't like Moto Liberty's 'back door import' business and decided to give the name to TOH.  They really don't know much about the race parts other than as a sales tool to get people to call.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts