Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my RC51 running for the season and when I take it on the road it shuts off when accelerating and sometimes when just idlying in nuetral. It still has electrical power but the engine shuts off. I can quickly turn the key off then on and it starts right back up while riding. (obvioulsy this isnt very much fun riding this way) Anyone have any ideas what this could be. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person but Ill try anything.
thanks
Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay,,,after playing with it for awhile and tightening all the battery connections I discovered that the bike shuts off when leaned to the left. It does not make the electrical noise when you turn the key before you start it until the bike is leaned perfectly upright. I have no idea what it could be....it has plenty of gas and does not loose electrical power. The engine just shuts off and wont start until it is leaned up right and the key is flciked back and forth. This sucks!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a bad angle sensor.....appearantly when the stock fender section was changed while getting rid of the tailights the sensor was just velcroed onto a piece of fender. When I replaced the battery it had come loose and was going off everytime the bike was slightly leaned.
Thanks for the replies!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.