Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

RC51 High Beams

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  kybel 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 RC51; noticed that on low beams only the left headlight is on; and on high beams the right headlight comes on and the left headlight stays at the same brightness. Is this how the high beams work on an RC51, just going from one beam to two??

#4 ·
This is way too true. Everyone tells me my light is burnt out. I have even had an old man run up and stop me before I took off to tell me my light was out. When I went to get my bike inspected, the guy almost failed me because he didn't believe that that's how the headlights are supposed to work. I had to stand there and argue with him till he could get another mechanic to support this. :thumbd:

#7 ·
There are other twin light systems where the left goes on alone and on high beams the left has a double element which switches focal point to high beam and the right comes on as high beam only. If you search the threads you may find tricks on how you can switch to double double element bulbs but I suspect you may overload your electrics with other ill effects.
Then for US bikes there is the eye brow modification where you can install little pilot light on the top outter corners easily and maybe even get a non US triple position light switch lo/mid/high.
In areas where lights are not mandatory during daytime you can pull the left plug off the light and ride with lights out, then if you need to draw attention to traffic you are passing or on two lane two way rural areas turn the high beam on. Nobody complains of being blinded on a bright sunny day by a high beam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.