Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an RC51 with (stock) springs that are a fair bit too stiff for her, but stock 929 springs would be about right. According to Racetech's web site, the aftermarket springs for the two bikes are the same. Has anyone tried swapping the two?

·
Registered
751 Posts
A friend of mine has an RC51 with (stock) springs that are a fair bit too stiff for her, but stock 929 springs would be about right. According to Racetech's web site, the aftermarket springs for the two bikes are the same. Has anyone tried swapping the two?
I had racetech .95 springs in my 954 forks. No issue what so ever so I'd say you'll be just fine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I run .95 myself, and I'm a bit heavier than you, but mine's a streetfighter, so less weight on the front because of the upright seating position, and I like a plusher ride. 1.0 would be ok since you track it a bit. Give em a shot, post up your sag numbers after you get them installed. Compare the length to your springs, you might need to change spacer length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.