Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am in my office, chugging away at my Monday Morning E-Mails, phone calls, etc.

I have iTunes just running in the background, it had been on Basement Jaxx. Then, Metallica's S&M came on.

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about this recording. I had forgotten how truly awesome it is.

So of course, now Metallica is blasting out at Helen Keller volume.

:music: :music: :nopity: :nod: :nworthy2:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Man, I was on a Metallica kick on the trip I left a case full of discs in a rental car in UT.

S&M was in there...I need to look for it used.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Spend some time in guitar shops and hear kids butcher the old metallica, then put Kill em All in. You will realize the magic all over again of how good they actually are. Supposedly new album drops in a couple of months produced by rick ruben!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Supposedly new album drops in a couple of months produced by rick ruben!
Then it is guaranteed it will be good, and I will buy it before I even hear a song. :clap: :hyper:

Pop in SOAD, say Mezmerize then St. Anger (if your ears are so poor you actually bought that garbage). Metallica has bucketloads more talent, yet SOAD (always produced by Rubin) is far more listenable.

Just about anything Rubin produces I love; that guy has an excellent ear for sound...

·
Registered
95 Posts
The last thing I read said he could bring back the sound we all rember. There was a couple of cool songs on st. anger just the lack of production killed the whole album.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I'm in the minority of fans that like everything from early Metallica to Load and Re-load.

St Anger, I wouldn't know if it had good songs, hell on the crappy stock radio in my truck it sounds so bad I can't listen.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I've been listening to it in my car lately (my car, not my wife's with that shitty Bose setup - seriously, how can they get away with such a shitty stereo in a $30K+ car). I love that set.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Favorite band since the mid '80's...stopped listening after the black album. There were a few other "OK" songs on newer albums, but the magic is gone.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well, I do have an old fashioned CD player in my desk, so I could just grab the cd from my car come break time.

It actually took me a few listens to get into Ascendancy, but now I'm digging it more and more with each listen. Definitely old school Metallica-esque in some parts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts