Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped the clutch copression lever on my '01 929, which goes down into the right side crackcase and engages the clutch. Not even sure how or why this happened. :eek: So I had to take off the cover to get out the second piece. And then when I pieced it back together, there was still some small section missing. So I had to then drop the oil pan to get the rest out....
But with any case, I need to put the oil pan and case cover back on, but there is not a gasket available. It appears there is a very small amount of silicone on there, but when i asked the parts guy he thought it is a metal to metal seal and that silicone with cause it to leak. Does anyone know for sure which is correct??
Thanks in advance...
Chris

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
There is a reason that guy is a parts guy, not a mechanic. Use HondaBond on the surfaces.
Oh, and that arm was recalled on the 929. Did yours ever get the initial repair?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BDA... he actually did mention that it might use HondaBond, but was going to ask service, which was closed, and let me know when I picked the part up.. In any case, he is still a tool... I can just tell... LoL
I bought the bike used, so not sure if it was replaced in the recall.... I doubt it tho... I knew something was wrong with the original style cause I called with part # to the dealer, and they said they didnt have that, but one almost identical... my # ended in 000, and the one they had was # 010, so figured it was updated....

Is there any special way to re-install the arm?? I just figured I would go into it blind and try to figure it out, which usually works... But figured id ask since I found this great forum :thumb:

BDA116 said:
There is a reason that guy is a parts guy, not a mechanic. Use HondaBond on the surfaces.
Oh, and that arm was recalled on the 929. Did yours ever get the initial repair?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Neither the oil pan or clutch cover use a gasket. Just make sure the surfaces are clean and apply the sealant accordingly. Use a crisscross pattern when tightening the bolts on both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts