Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Heavy-Dee : EDIT: But Jessie Jackson does need to STFU.
If he quits promoting racism in this country, he's out of a job...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heavy-Dee : Um, so what did Jessica Lynch do that this chick did not?  Who has the book deal?  

HD
EDIT: But Jessie Jackson does need to STFU.
Jessica served during a time period that incorporates more political bs in their agenda, including publicizing our poor military women that cause themselves to be a POW. IMHO - the stupid beotch does not deserve a dime of disability. Basically she [email protected]#$s up, gets caught and a hurt a little, and walks away with a sheot load of money and publicity. WTF is wrong with this picture and our nation today?!!!

Jessica has the book deal - unless that was a rhetorical question.

Jessie needs to take his radical a$$ to a nice shallow grave somewhere. He has been allowed to reside on this planet for way too long. Some people will never change or learn from their mistakes.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I think the big difference was the rescue operation for Lynch.
Overall, both should be evaluated and given compensation as required. Someone will always get more than someone else, get over it. 30% is a chunk of change and get this, TAX FREE I believe.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Do I think Jessica Lynch deserves a book deal? No.

Do I think Jessica Lynch should not have been allowed to serve on the front lines? I believe she should be allowed.

Do I think Jessica Lynch does not deserve disability? She was injured while serving our country. We owe her. Most definitely.

Do I think that Shoshana Johnson deserves everything Jessica Lynch got? Yes, I do. They both made the same sacrifice.

DISCLAIMER: I am not intimately familiar w/ the extent of eithers injuries so my opinion is somewhat invalidated.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Mojave954 : I think the big difference was the rescue operation for Lynch.  
Overall, both should be evaluated and given compensation as required.  Someone will always get more than someone else, get over it.  30% is a chunk of change and get this, TAX FREE I believe.
30% of how much? Don't they make like 14k a year?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heavy-Dee : 30% of how much?  Don't they make like 14k a year?
It depends on when they were injured, what their Rank was. Even as an Airman I made more than $14k.

So...HD, do you also feel that a person acting inappropriately (goofing off on a construction rig), happens to severely injure themselves (falls and is paralyzed), deserves workmans comp and a full insurance ride for the rest of their life - in addition to drawing Social Security?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
googolplexu : So...HD, do you also feel that a person acting inappropriately (goofing off on a construction rig), happens to severely injure themselves (falls and is paralyzed), deserves workmans comp and a full insurance ride for the rest of their life - in addition to drawing Social Security?
How is that comparison relevant

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heavy-Dee : Quote (googolplexu @ Oct. 30 2003, 1:18pm)So...HD, do you also feel that a person acting inappropriately (goofing off on a construction rig), happens to severely injure themselves (falls and is paralyzed), deserves workmans comp and a full insurance ride for the rest of their life - in addition to drawing Social Security?
How is that comparison relevant
Maybe it isnt in from your viewpoint. From mine, it is the same - she did something carelessly/stupid and suffered the reprocussions associated with her actions. That is MO and I dont expect you to believe the same. Note: I served a 4 year term, so I have military background (including wartime service), not that it makes me a better judge/jury - just some extra info.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Why doesn't she deserve a book deal?  This is capitalism, a publisher thinks they'll make $ on it (which they probably will), and it's her story...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Quote (Mojave954 @ Oct. 30 2003, 1:00pm)I think the big difference was the rescue operation for Lynch.  
Overall, both should be evaluated and given compensation as required.  Someone will always get more than someone else, get over it.  30% is a chunk of change and get this, TAX FREE I believe.
30% of how much?  Don't they make like 14k a year?
I'm an e-3 and make nearly 20k a year. The reason why Jessica Lynch's story struck so close to home is because she's the typical American girl next door. Cute little blonde girl with a pretty smile. As much as I hate to admit it, and I highly doubt that Reverand F^ckface was doing anything but talk out his ass as he always does, I do believe that's why Shoshanda Johnson didn't get as much publicity in the news. The media saw Jessica Lynch and had a field day.

Edit mispell

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
luvtolean : Why doesn't she deserve a book deal?  This is capitalism, a publisher thinks they'll make $ on it (which they probably will), and it's her story...
You are right, it is capitalism.  Making it possible for her to get a book deal.  However, in my mind, that doesn't mean she deserves it.  

HD

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Quote (booth23 @ Oct. 30 2003, 1:26pm)30% compared to 80%, she does have a complaint.  She should receive the same amount.
Only if the extent of the injuries are the same.

If they're equally incapacitated (thus the term 'disability'), then they should of course get equal benefits.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts