Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, the color is little off for a Honda, but I wanted something different. Going to get my race license on Saturday and hope to do my first race in Sept.

Track/Race Ready 954

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Ramrugby09 said:
Looks good but gotta get rid of the red undertail!
That's why he's got the red trim on the wheels. :D

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
tank, what organization are you going to get licensed and race in? I know with CCS you cannot race a liter bike as a novice. I think a 750 is the biggest you are allowed to race with when you start out. Maybe you are racing in a different organization or maybe I'm just full of shit and don't know what I'm talking about but I think that's the rule pretty much everywhere. :idunno:

Looks good!!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Nice job Tank. Good luck with your racing career! :thumb:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to start racing with HERE. Not sure if i'm going to do any CCS. The game plan is to finish out the season at ASMA, 5 races left, see how I do and regroup/rethink next year. I can only race beginner for three races or until I win one and you automatically get bumped to novice. I know a few other orgs recognize the ASMA license, don't remember them off-hand. I'll keep everyone posted on progress and the sort. The main plan is to have fun, if I can come away each race with little or no pain and a BIG SMILE, mission accomplished.

As for the red undertail, yeah, it's kinda nasty, but I didn't want to remove and paint it. The red on the wheels is going to get changed to yellow also, just didn't have the time with all that is going on.

Thanks for all the good luck and well wishes.

·
Registered
661 Posts
MedTechRR said:
tank, what organization are you going to get licensed and race in? I know with CCS you cannot race a liter bike as a novice. I think a 750 is the biggest you are allowed to race with when you start out. Maybe you are racing in a different organization or maybe I'm just full of shit and don't know what I'm talking about but I think that's the rule pretty much everywhere. :idunno:

Looks good!!
Nope....CCS does run AM liter bikes....he can run Unlimited Supersport, GTO and Unlimited GP. I'm currently leading the Southeast points in my classes. :eyebrows: It's WERA that don't have liter AM class. To be honest it's the AM middleweight (600s) classes that are a mess...very crowded and lots of red flags. Glad I'm on a big bike to be honest.

Tank, Get you some real clip-ons asap. You'll wonder how you rode w/o them after one lap!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
you are correct, I just went to the ccs website and read their rules. You can run 1000cc bikes in the classes you specified. The reason I was thinking otherwise is that Loudon Raceway's website has a set of CCS rules for their track and no Ameteurs are allowed on 1000cc bikes. It must be a track specific rule?? :idunno: Damn, that sucks!

·
Registered
661 Posts
MedTechRR said:
you are correct, I just went to the ccs website and read their rules. You can run 1000cc bikes in the classes you specified. The reason I was thinking otherwise is that Loudon Raceway's website has a set of CCS rules for their track and no Ameteurs are allowed on 1000cc bikes. It must be a track specific rule?? :idunno: Damn, that sucks!
Interesting.... I know the CCS afiliates <sp?> like the Forida region have there own rules but they don't change any of the classes. They just don't pay AM purses & don't run GPs. I would call CCS to confirm. If I went to Loudon then they told me I couldn't run I'd be F***n steaming!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
02FBlade said:
Tank, Get you some real clip-ons asap. You'll wonder how you rode w/o them after one lap!
I've been contemplating the woodcraft clip-ons, what do you recommend?

BTW, I passed the race school, should be getting my license in the next week or two. I found out that my ASMA license can be used for CCS, WERA and just about every race organization where I will be racing.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Tank you ridden at Arroyo Seco yet? If not you will be mainly in 2nd 3rd gear on that track. My friend Steve races there and due to his street crash won't be able to finish the season. I hope to do my first track day at Arroyo Seco, was suppose to be last month but thie whole crash thing has put a damper on it for most of my friends. Not to mention they don't have the money to do it. Good luck to you Tank...the 54 is lookin good.

Dano

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Dano!

Did arroyo this past weekend and I was -1/+2 on sprockets. It's tight and technical, that's for damn sure. Might make it down in August, if so, i'll let you know.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Tank69 said:
Thanks Dano!

Did arroyo this past weekend and I was -1/+2 on sprockets. It's tight and technical, that's for damn sure. Might make it down in August, if so, i'll let you know.

I think we should get a southwest .org event scheduled down there! The track kicks ass!

BTW, it was nice meeting you Tank & Mike! I packed up a bit early, as I was exhausted. I can't handle those 95deg days like you Arizonans. :plunge:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TCD said:
I think we should get a southwest .org event scheduled down there! The track kicks ass!

BTW, it was nice meeting you Tank & Mike! I packed up a bit early, as I was exhausted. I can't handle those 95deg days like you Arizonans. :plunge:

Good meeting you Tim, I agree, a SW event should be arranged.

BTW, Mike and I were pretty chilly until it warmed up to around 100. :rotfl:

Trackday this coming weekend at Firebird east, projected temp is 110. :mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts