Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my blade was runing fine up till now i get off work and start it for a ride nothing going wrong untill it gets to about 10 miles from home and it starts to sound like its burping or somthing and now when it warm it will not run that good... when i give it gass it just boggs down. but when its cool it will run find till it gets warm.. any ideas ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you check your oil? Remember the three big ones, Air, Fuel and Spark. Pick one and make sure all associated systems are good. Power commander/ECU connectors, exhaust/coolant system, and other ancillary systems might need to be looked at as well. A good repair manual would also be a good reference, or your local mechanic or steelership if all else fails. Good Luck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think it's the air filter when it gets hot it needs more air and it seems not to be getting enough also check your plugs also check the HTEV if it's happening anywhere around 4k rpm or 7krpm

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any smoke coming outt he back? What colour is it? White; check air filter, plugs and injector, it might not be getting enough air, similar to the choke still being used. If it's dark or blueish smoke;we might be talking gaskets here. Any luck yet?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
If the smoke is white it's either coolant or oil.
Rich running - like the choke - will produce black smoke, not white.

·
Registered
896 Posts
burning oil would have a slight blue tint to the smoke. if you are having so many problems take the bike to a professional. all we can do is make suggestions based on what you are telling us. i would think if its bogging, popping and farting only when hot it could be electrical. but i hate to assume. it could be other things. best of luck bro! it sucks when these things happen...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
burning oil would have a slight blue tint to the smoke.
Its colour depends on whether it's burning during combustion in the chamber or after combustion in the exhaust port or pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts