Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 07 cbr 1000 rr repsol with almost no mileage on it -- I have a problem with the rear brake as it remains stiff-it seems to stay locked -but rear wheel is not locked.
any idea.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Do you mean the pedal does not move down at all? What do you mean stays locked?

Give a little more description of what happens when you push on the pedal.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
In two years I would not have thought the rear brake would have seized but possible if its not been looked after properly. I assume there is fluid and the pads have not worn away? :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pedal slightly move down- I have to say the original foot peg bracket was replaced by a more racing like one that sits slightly higher

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You're going to have a hard time nailing this one if that's the best you can do describing your problem. Sorry!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is another description - today:
1- I remove the pedal from the piston and try to move it : impossible to move the piston -
2-the pedal move well and freely -so I know that the pedal linkage is not the problem and put it back
3- unscrew to remove the oil from the piston - brake fluid poured out easily - so I know that the piston goes up and down in that device - but once I screw it back pedal is stucked once again.
4- I went to the braking system at the rear wheel -pads move normally- If I unscrew the brake fluid input at the top pads go in the caliper with ease- I screwed it back and after two pumps on the pedal it is stuked again.no release-

So I guess it must be a problem in the brake fluid system a release valve or something 0r the sping in the master cylinder- Hope I described it good this time.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You do know there is very little movement on the rear break, its ment to be that way, you have described it well and done a good job checking it over, you just missed one little thing......when you break does the wheel stop !!
I.E lift back wheel, if it turns freely and then stops solid when you break, then all is good. Make sure you re-bleed the break properly with a pipe on the bleed nipple.:thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok but if I compare the caracteristics of the play to the pedal on my 929rr I can see the difference and it does a better job on the 929rr. I will lift the rear wheel and make sure it stops fine - than I will bleed it- Thanks again but I think that the play is just not enough.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just thought there should be some adjustment from the brake pedal and the master cylinder, adjust that and give yourself more movement,The pedal now sit higher you say, if there is no adjustment then the bar could be to long, you might need to fabricate something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts