Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got one of those included with my Sato rearsets from Dan The Man Kyle. I totally lucked out, too, as I pulled the stock bolt out and got that sucker in losing maybe two drops of brake fluid.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use the rear brake to hold the bike on a hill or when I want to relax at a light, and I prefer not to be run over from behind in those situations.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every stoplight I leave my foot on the rear brake to light up the LED's so i don't get run over... It was a basic teaching aat the MSF course I took ten years ago...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oz : I got one of those included with my Sato rearsets from Dan The Man Kyle.  I totally lucked out, too, as I pulled the stock bolt out and got that sucker in losing maybe two drops of brake fluid.  
You don't happen to know off hand which size to use do you?

BTW I have some friends that make rearsets.. I think they sell them on Ebay for like 250 bucks. I'll see if I can fiind them and maybe get us a deal? They look lke woodcraft rearsets if I remember correctly...

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I have one (from Dan Kyle, got it with the rearsets) and it works fine. Easy to hook up. Not sure what size the bolt is, but it fits with the Galfer lines that I have, and screwed right into the stock caliper.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
o'town929 : What are rearsets?
A term commonly used to describe an aftermarket foot peg assembly, because they usually allow the pegs to be adjusted for better cornering clearance or rider preference.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pete : Quote (o'town929 @ Aug. 15 2003, 10:29am)What are rearsets?
A term commonly used to describe an aftermarket foot peg assembly, because they usually allow the pegs to be adjusted for better cornering clearance or rider preference.
They allow your feet to be set to the rear... rear set...
usually to allow increased ground clearance... and don't forget the best reason... bling

1 - 12 of 12 Posts