Ready...............

Remove seats
Remove rear cowl/bodywork
Remove battery and electrics
Remove tank
Remove battery tray
Remove rear pegs

Alternatively pay your Honda tech circa 2.5 hours labour to do it. :eek:
Hey mate no need for that found a short cut easy way all done!!! the rear sub frame splits in 2 so you can remove each side quite easily and just unbolt the pegs. Looks like every body missed that 1:eyebrows: Only have to remove rear body work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey mate no need for that found a short cut easy way all done!!! the rear sub frame splits in 2 so you can remove each side quite easily and just unbolt the pegs. Looks like every body missed that 1:eyebrows: Only have to remove rear body work.
I saw that in the service manual, but haven't tried it yet. So you did it, and it worked?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that in the service manual, but haven't tried it yet. So you did it, and it worked?
Yep done and fairly easy just a little awkward getting to the bolts that hold the brass coloured plate to both sides just behind seat but once you get them off no probs.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I wondered about that when I fitted the tail tidy but was unwilling to pull the rear subframe apart.

Now the tidy is on, I just don't fancy pulling the bike apart again to be honest :mad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wondered about that when I fitted the tail tidy but was unwilling to pull the rear subframe apart.

Now the tidy is on, I just don't fancy pulling the bike apart again to be honest :mad:
Its about 1 hours work and worth it, go 4 it mate:thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is one of the things I'm disappointed with on the new Blades, the work involved to remove the rear foot pegs. You would have thought manufacturers would have made it easier over time and not harder. I thought around 10 minutes on my R1 was bad enough. :eek:

What about spraying them black to match the frame, although I don't know what sort of paint you would need that wouldn't wear off from pillion use.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
If you really want black ones mate, you would be better off getting them powder coated like a couple of the other guys have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I just removed mine like 5 minutes ago, all up it took about an hour and a half.
Basically just take the seat and rear section off, i didnt undo any of the screws underneath the tail section, once you have it all off you need to remove the fuse box, there is a clip on the side closest to the rear end that releases it, there is a screw under that that will separate the pan thats holding the fuse box, battery etc. from the rear section.
After that i didnt disconnect the battery i just took the rubber strap off and rested the battery out of its holding position.
Now, this may sound weird but you literally just bend the pan upwards, carefully of course, at some points there was some creaking and crackling sounds but NOTHING broke, the plastic is very flexible!!!
Also, be careful once you have it all up and ready because i got a little carried away and nearly pushed the bike off its stand, which made my heart skip a beat, if you have someone available to help then get them!!!
I will post some pics shortly, it looks AWESOME. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since removing the rear footpegs and fitting the Sato Street Hooks all those months ago, I've only needed to attach the pegs once. :idunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts